Advice needed

Deli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D40 and I've been wanting to upgrade. I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Nikon D50 with 18-15mm lens that's in good condition. The lowest price that the seller will go is $300. So my question is should I go for it or should I just wait and save some money and buy a D80? Is there a big difference between the D40 and the D50?

Thanks-Deli

IMO, yes, there is a big difference between a D40 and a D50.

I see, I guess I'm going to have to do some research on this. I was hoping I would get some fast advice. Oh well but thanks again KMH :)

Thanks-Deli

Don't get D50. I had it for a while and as GREAT as the camera is, in terms of quality there isn't much, if at all, difference in quality. In terms of control, I do prefer D50 but if you'll be moving up soon, especially to manual operations, then go with at least D70.
Good Luck

A D50 for $300 is a ripoff! You can buy a newer, 10 megapixels refurbished D40 or D40x for $269 if you look around, like at Newegg, or some other large electronics dealers, and that will have a 90 day Nikon warranty, while the craigslist camera will have ZERO warranty.

The D50 has a very small, "squinty" viewfinder,and is a design that is going on five years old now. The D50 was fine in its day, but we're in a period of transition to newer models,so the D50 has just grown yet another generation older,and the value of $300 for a D50 is just,well, unrealistic now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back