Advice on camera choice

laugh-a-lot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would appreciate any advice from members suggesting a budget camera for my purpose.
My main interest is with Macro photography as I am fascinated with small insects, flowers etc. Though of course I still wish to take 'normal' photographs.
Any advice or tips from members would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I would appreciate any advice from members suggesting a budget camera for my purpose.
My main interest is with Macro photography as I am fascinated with small insects, flowers etc. Though of course I still wish to take 'normal' photographs.
Any advice or tips from members would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I found the Canon EOS 1000D as a great starting off point...in terms of cost vs utility...The type of shots you wish to take may well depend on the lens you use..hope this helps..:) iam sure there are other models out there which iam not aware of..maybe some of the more experienced members will have more info for you...

Macro photography requires a lens specifically designed for that kind of close up work.

The lens can still be used for regular photography.

A decent macro lens will cost from a couple of hundred $$$'s and up.

Canon makes some very nice macro lenses. Their 100 mm macro runs about $1050.00 USD:

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Macro - Macro Lens - EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM - Canon USA Consumer Products

While their 50 mm is about $300.00 USD:

Both will work on the Canon 1000D mentioned above.

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Macro - Macro Lens - EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro - Canon USA Consumer Products

Both will work on the Canon 1000D mentioned above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back