Advice on new camera please :)

Gizmoxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!
i am new to this site so if I'm posting in the wrong place I do apologise.
I am wanting to purchase a decent camera. I've always had an easy point and shoot digital and so want to upgrade. I am in the uk and have around £450 to spend.
I am very new to photography so any advice would be good :)
are SLR cameras best ? I want to achieve good quality photos with vibrant colour. I've just been trying out a Panasonic dmc-lz40 but the focus isn't good when zooming in. It isn't very sharp or colour isn't great either! This was only £240 though.
Id like to be able to take good photos in any light, and some action shots (son is a footballer!)
any advice would be fantastic

thank you all x

Welcome to the forum

I would point you in the direction of a dslr simply because you want to do some sport. 450 in the UK should get you a Nikon d5200 at wex photographic with a kit lens. Now as always if you can add a little more you may get the 18-105mm instead of the 18-55mm. This camera has great image quality, good autofocus and is one of the best value cameras at the moment in my opinion

I know I'm doing this completely wrong, apologies if this is not good forum etiquette! I can't find the post a new thread button anywhere, and am new to the site and forums in general :( I'm really struggling to find the right information to buy ND grad filters, I've now established I need P size, but have no idea what mm adaptor I need. My camera is a Canon EOS 700d with the kit lense, if anyone could help I'd very much appreciate it :)

I know I'm doing this completely wrong, apologies if this is not good forum etiquette! I can't find the post a new thread button anywhere, and am new to the site and forums in general :( I'm really struggling to find the right information to buy ND grad filters, I've now established I need P size, but have no idea what mm adaptor I need. My camera is a Canon EOS 700d with the kit lense, if anyone could help I'd very much appreciate it :)

Welcome to the forum.

Each lens has a different size, so it varies from lens to lens.
Remove the lens cap of your lens and look for its size written in the back of the cap, in mm.
That is the size of the filter you will need. If you buy more lenses, check that again for the new lens.

Here two of my lenses, one is 52mm, the other one is 62mm.

dsc3184.jpg

dsc3185.jpg

So if my kit lense is 58mm, I will need a 58mm adaptor ring, filter holder, and filters?
Thank you so much! Also could you possibly point me in the direction of the 'post a new thread' button?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back