Advice on Pricing

stevewalton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.waltonimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, i have been asked to supply 24 images of butterflies and flowers for use on calendars, and have no idea what to charge for them.
My image files are typically 5mb to 10mb and 3000 x 2000 pixels and can be viewed on my website www.waltonimages.com

Can anyone please advise me

Thanks,
Stephen.

Steve... can you be a bit more specific about the request. Specifically, who is the potential client, and how many calendars do they want to use your pictures on?

Thanks for your reply Jim, it turns out that the guy who has approached me for my images is the client and he's not expecting to sell many calendars, so i have decided to only ask for £5 per image.

Kind regards,
Stephen.

Thanks for your reply Jim, it turns out that the guy who has approached me for my images is the client and he's not expecting to sell many calendars, so i have decided to only ask for £5 per image.

Kind regards,
Stephen.

Ouch! Why would you go into a deal not expecting to sell? On one hand take what they are giving. On the other hand consider that your work is the driving force behind the product. Never sell your self short.

Kind regards,
Stephen.

Are you sure that it's not just a line he uses to get images below market value?

Are you sure that it's not just a line he uses to get images below market value?
One solution would be to charge a certain amount for every calendar he sells... because if your images sell 1,000,000 calendars, you should definitely be compensated more than if they sell 17 calendars.

In other words, charge a percentage of the gross profits... this is fair to both you and the client.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back