Advice on these cameras...

Woosey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They were left to me by my father, and im thinking about possibly selling them to upgrade my own camera (D50 ATM) but thought i would share some pics (still some bits i haven't taken pics of!)

DSC_5673reduced.jpg

DSC_5619.jpg

DSC_5627_.jpg

DSC_5630.jpg

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5647.jpg

DSC_5648.jpg

DSC_5652.jpg

DSC_5654.jpg

DSC_5655.jpg

DSC_5656.jpg

DSC_5658.jpg

DSC_5659.jpg

DSC_5662.jpg

vs D50 kit lens (need to reshoot this one!)
DSC_5666.jpg

DSC_5671.jpg

DSC_5674.jpg

Any advice on the best way to sell them?

thanks

chris

Ooh... very nice! There's a good chance someone would be interested on the Buy & Sell forum. Otherwise I guess eBay is probably as good a way as any, but however you do it I suggest doing quite a bit of research and include as much detail as possible on the listing to make sure they go for a good price. Also some people would sell some or all parts separately. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of 'blads can be more helpful.

Ooh... very nice! There's a good chance someone would be interested on the Buy & Sell forum. Otherwise I guess eBay is probably as good a way as any, but however you do it I suggest doing quite a bit of research and include as much detail as possible on the listing to make sure they go for a good price. Also some people would sell some or all parts separately. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of 'blads can be more helpful.

Thanks for that,

yeh thats what im puzzled by, i don't know what goes with what (and i have a fair amount of stuff!) I do have (somewhere) all the manuals for all the kit and the luner documentation too :D

run some rolls of film through each camera and have the potential buyers available for users to see.

These cameras need to be used to keep leaf shutters operating well.

Sell them????????? :er:

Use them!!!!!!! The Hasselblad system is one of the best Medium Format cameras out there. The 500ELM is the least sought after due to its lack of batteries (home made contraptions have resolved this, now one can use a regular 9V battery adapted to the camera). The 500CM is a user camera and the 1000F is pretty collectible. Word of caution: do not try to fit lenses from the 500ELM and 500CM onto the 1000F or vice-versa.

I can definitely price them for you in US Dollars, if interested.

Oh, BTW, how much you want for the 500mm tele lens? ;)

Sell them????????? :er:

Use them!!!!!!! The Hasselblad system is one of the best Medium Format cameras out there. The 500ELM is the least sought after due to its lack of batteries (home made contraptions have resolved this, now one can use a regular 9V battery adapted to the camera). The 500CM is a user camera and the 1000F is pretty collectible. Word of caution: do not try to fit lenses from the 500ELM and 500CM onto the 1000F or vice-versa.

I can definitely price them for you in US Dollars, if interested.

Oh, BTW, how much you want for the 500mm tele lens? ;)

Thanks for the advice here guys! Any ideas where i can even buy medium format film and have it devoloped?

I do actaully have more lenses too, ill get some pictures taken ASAP.

Mitica100 - If you could give me rough values that would be fantastic, and regarding the 500mm, i have no idea what its worth (sad but true!)

Try 7dayshop.com for medium format film; some branches of Snappy Snaps will develop it.

Not to bug you but if you sell this collection you WILL regret it for the rest of your life! Save you pennys, other cameras will come. There will never be any more of your fathers cameras. No other camera will ever allow you to connect the things you will see with your eyes to your father through your heart and memory. mike

Good point. I would be very tempted to keep at least one body. Of course if you don't have no interest in either using or collecting film cameran then I suppose it would make sense to sell them, but now is not a great time for selling film cameras; their resale value has been massively devalued over the last couple of years. I'm sure by selling the lot you could raise a decent contribution to a newer dSLR, but then you'll be letting some real classics go and be left with, IMO, something much more 'temporary'.

They aren't very good cameras, and probably aren't worth much. You should probably just ditch them. You can send them to me and I'll dispose of them.

The thing is i have had them for around 6 years now, havent used them once, however my digi slr gets used a lot! So i would be putting the money towards my digi SLR, i.e new body, nice lenses etc.

The thing is i have had them for around 6 years now, havent used them once, however my digi slr gets used a lot! So i would be putting the money towards my digi SLR, i.e new body, nice lenses etc.
Still. Maybe you should read up on them. ;) Realize what you have in front of you - in addition to the fact they were a gift from your father. It's unlikely you'll be able to afford the equivalent of some of the lenses you're *not* using right now....that's some pretty nice Zeiss glass I"m seeing right there.

You are sitting there with a beautiful, high-quality camera system....it's almost a crime to let it gather dust! :) Do a little reading and you might have a :idea: moment!

Most reactions

Back