Advice on two topics

jonathon94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all what do you guys think of this photo? it is of my girlfriend Angel.
(http://db.tt/vAvoQZYo)
It was in tungsten lighting and the back light was very distracting and I figured that converting it to B&W would reduce that slightly and also add to the dramatic lighting.

Also I am making a dvd Titled "Me, My Family & Friends" Because she is moving away and I want her to have memories from here. Does anyone have any ideas? Right now I am just nit picking through many (MANY) images and editing what I feel needs to be added.

Pic is a bit soft but not bad. Background is distracting. I got nothing for you on the video.

Pic is a bit soft but not bad. Background is distracting. I got nothing for you on the video.

I have the Kit lens so could that be the issue or a focusing issue? I down-scaled the image (for easier upload) so that could also possibly be it. As for the background I didn't really know what to do PP to help with it and during the time I was with her I was just trying to get as many images as possible.

To fix the background the easiest thing to do would be to take a picture of her in a different location. background is just boring and doesnt bring anything to the shot. The kit lens is not the issue here. Kits lenses take fine picture when you have adequate lighting. But the lighting was not sufficient here and your shutter speed was probably a bit too long and you may have had some shake. Even slight shake with frame is processing can cause this issue.

If you can't do anything about the background, try to incorporate it. Its also very dark.

For the video, include short clips or images of things you do together, or things she likes. Favorite restaurant, meal, reading nook, cuddling in bed or on the couch with popcorn (might have to use a camera+tripod+remote for some of these, or hand off the camera to someone else for sneak attack). Lots of pics of her family, it may seem like overkill but for me, living across the country, I can't have enough pics of my family. And pets or close friends pets, stuff like that :) Are you moving with her??

If you can't do anything about the background, try to incorporate it. Its also very dark.
What do you mean?

And I am not moving in with her (though I wish I did) Her dad made his opinion very clear on that matter lol. I won't be able to see her for the next week at least and I don't have too many pictures of us together.

Like. Lifestyle photography? Google it hah, probably easier to see than describe.

What do you mean?

And I am not moving in with her (though I wish I did) Her dad made his opinion very clear on that matter lol. I won't be able to see her for the next week at least and I don't have too many pictures of us together.

Her dad made his opinion clear on what? How can he stop you from moving with her?

Unless, of course, you're both underage. I forget that kids are allowed on the internetz sometimes. Just not something I fully understand about the situation and I'm curious.

As far as advice, it's soft, but the picture isn't terrible. Focusing could use some work, but that's mostly it.

We are both underage I'm 17 (18 in may Can't wait) and she is 15. So he does have that right.

also...Internetz? lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back