Advice please: D90 or D200?

Doesn't sound to me like the OP is interested in video at all, so that's out.

Basically comes down to this: if you primarily (aka not 100%) shoot outdoors in daylight, the D200 is your camera. If you shoot in darker scenes, the D90 is your camera. In either case, what really helps you in darker scenes though is a faster lens, not a higher ISO.

The D200 is capable of delivering high-quality pictures. The D200 has the same in-body focus motor, and a lot of manual control (mucho importante). It's also about half as expensive. As far as I'm concerned, the D200 is a no-brainer, especially since it lets you spend your now-larger remaining budget on some nice fast glass.

cool. Thanks again for all of the info! I will see if the D200 is even obtainable when im ready to upgrade. If not than I may go with D90. :thumbup:

Oh, by the way, the D200's shutter is supposed to be rated at 150,000 actuations. I don't know about the D90's but generally the consumer models are rated at 50,000.

That is a good point. There are also several people on the Nikonian site that have D200s with well over 250,000 actuations on them without service and still going strong! :)

Most reactions

Back