Aerial Photography

Reaction score
You have some nice stuff in there. Welcome to the boards. I clicked on it, saw Flatirons and Boulder and came back to see if you were Coloradan. Sure enough!

I grew up in Arvada. I miss it a lot and would like to move back as soon as possible.

Interesting stuff and there's some really crisp shots there.
Personally I'd prefer them to be larger and maybe a little closer so it's easier to recognize things but that's just me.

The only thing I'm missing is the plane. Rats!

My favorite aerial photographer is Terry Evans.

Yeah - I would agree, Terry Evans' work is quite impressive.

As far as making them bigger - I don't want to run into issues with having a large enough digital file available online that someone could take from the site without any sort of compensation...

Guess I could watermark the images... but then the images aren't as crisp and clean. 6 to one half dozen I'd say.

My dad is a helicopter pilot so I grew up with aviation. First time I flew in a hughes 500 I was 6 months old so I get many chances for pics from the chopper ;) My mom also works for an airline so I fly for free but I find that pics from airliners are usually pretty cheesy. Especially when u can see the wing and engine!

Anyways I thought I'd post a recent pic I took from the air this summer. This is a waterfall on the fire steel river in British Columba. I was fishing here at the time and took this photo on one of the hops we made from place to place.

firesteal%20face.jpg

Interesting people here :)
I will forward the link to your website to my private and quiet place, to watch your pictures in peace :wink:
See you later here ...

The last shot is really interesting. I really like the perspective of the waterfall and the up river portion in the top right of the frame.

What a wild ride that waterfall would be! :shock:

Hi there,

We do lots of aerial photography all over Cape Town. We use RC helicoptors, planes mostly but for very high shots we use powered paramotor and trike micolight aircraft.

Check out our site for more info and galleries:

http://www.helicam.co.za

Nic

I assemble vertical aerial photographs into large mosaics for a living. We take them with a vertically mounted Hassleblad MK70 in the bottom of a Cessna 185. We've got a close circuit camera mounted in the belly as well so we can see when we're over the target. Works pretty damned good. The stitching is the tough part!!

The site is pretty rough, we haven't had any time to update it lately. There are some old examples Here.

www.bazett.com

We also are Land surveyors and with our differential GPS we can correlate photographs with our legal survey drawings and produce an Image with the legal boundaries superimposed on it. Unfortunately those can be sensitive documents so I can't post an example.

Flying and cameras, two of my passions in one thread. Here's a few I've taken, with apologies for the low resolution. They were taken with an old 2 megapixel Kodak body with Canon digital innards.

Red Tree - it really was the colour you see. It's by junction 8 on the M25 in Surrey, although it's faded a bit in the last two years.

London Heathrow

London Gatwick

Palace of Westminster

Epsom Derby

I have some more recent stuff hanging around, but none of it online, so I'll try and post again later. I love doing aerial stuff, but don't think I'm going to try and make any money out of it. Good luck to all of you that do.

David

Most reactions

Back