Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know, weird thing to ask about on a forum like this. But...my Gramma called me the other day and asked if I had any books or anything on photography, because she wanted to make her pictures look better. I told her I did...and I also bought a little guide book for her when I went to the mall yesterday. But, here's the thing...she just has a point and shoot film camera...she is not interested in upgrading her camera, she just wants to take better pictures with her point and shoot (very basic camera). So...I was pretty sure I had seen a book or website before that had tips and things on taking more 'aesthetic snapshots'.....If anyone knows anything that sounds like that...even a website (I can print it out for her)....I would really appreciate it. She absolutely LOVES taking pictures, especially of her flowers and fall foliage, and family. Thanks for any help you can give me!

'The Complete Guide to Taking Great Photographs' is one that I have. It's pretty short with lots of color pictures. It does go into stuff that you need an SLR for, but it has some good content on composition and viewpoints and such. (oh it's by John Freeman). As for as just a tip, better film and better developing goes a long way.

craig said:
I think you should give her some pointers. Go on a photo adventure. Could be she just needs a little a direction.

That's actually a good idea...I did give her some pointers today when I visited her, but not on a photo adventure... she was a bit tired today anyway.

Thanks for the book title youngun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back