AF-F in Video?

EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a D5100 and I was experimenting with video mode that day. Everything worked fine, but I just couldn't use AF-F in video. Any solution? I heard from everywhere that it works, but I couldn't have it working.

Most people who take their dSLR video seriously manual focus. Generally, dSLR lenses aren't built to focus quietly, so you can hear the whirring in the sound when you play it back. Probably the best way to focus (that I have found) is to use autofocus to set the focus, then switch to manual before you start filming.

I'm not really into video and I'm not good at manual focusing, just wanted to shoot a decent video when needed.

Found out my problem, the AF-F in low light is so slow it just stops focusing. At bright places it focus well.

Found out my problem, the AF-F in low light is so slow it just stops focusing. At bright places it focus well.

Well if you're going to make a video with sound directly from the camera, make sure you get an external mic or practice manual focus. No one will want to hear the whine and whirr of the AF motor when you engage it during video recording.

o hey tyler said:
Well if you're going to make a video with sound directly from the camera, make sure you get an external mic or practice manual focus. No one will want to hear the whine and whirr of the AF motor when you engage it during video recording.

Kay!

Most reactions

Back