AF speed on 150-600's & 200-500

Half the price? damn... Nikon is overcharging us then.

Half the price? damn... Nikon is overcharging us then.

sorry, its a little more than half the price, i just looked at the price on the nikon again and it was a little more than i remember but definitely more affordable here.

cheapest nikon i can get my hands on is exactly 165$ cheaper.

it looks like the sigma sport has come down in price since i bought mine, it says there is a instant discount on that lens right now at the photo shop, amazon has them for the same price as the photo shop does but it does not say anything about a instant discount. i am not sure if that price is temporary or if that is what they always cost now.

at the pricing i can get them at today there is about a 300.00 difference..

it looks like the sigma sport has come down in price since i bought mine, it says there is a instant discount on that lens right now at the photo shop, amazon has them for the same price as the photo shop does but it does not say anything about a instant discount. i am not sure if that price is temporary or if that is what they always cost now.

at the pricing i can get them at today there is about a 300.00 difference..
Sorry to hear that man, that feeling of having been overcharged always ruins the soup. But you can find solace in that at least you got some great images you wouldn't have had if you waited till now.

usually if you wait you often get a better price but i did not wait so it is what it is.. i feel that i get better images than i did with my old sigma 150-500mm lens so i cant complain...

I want to sell my Tamron for the new Nikon.

It is a shame nikon doesn't sell more affordable primes like canon. Sometimes i wonder why i didn't switch to canon when i sold my d3200. (primes as in 400mm for example)

lets suppose that the sport has better af, the heavy weight does hinder you when hand holding it and also 1/3rd of a stop slower at 500mm.

I have no idea. No one has bought me either of the Siggy's to test out.
An update on nikon rumors just linked to a website called called lenscore, they did tests of all the above mentioned lenses.

Most reactions

Back