Affordable Medium Format is here

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Digital medium format for under $10k with the new Mamiya DM22*|*Gear Diary

Elmsford, NY – October 20, 2009 – Mamiya, synonymous with professional photography, has introduced a new 22MP, 36×48mm
selling for $9,995. The Mamiya DM22, slated for November delivery, is the perfect choice for photographers when 35mm-sized DSLRs are not good enough. In fashion work, studio product photography, industrial/scientific or other demanding photographic specialties, medium format photography is in many people’s eyes hands-down the winner over 35mm-based digital. The DM22 is the affordable way to achieve that superiority.
It's not $40k, it's $10k. Wow. The price war is on!

Heh! Hopefully this might start a trend of more affordable digital MF cameras! If they can get below the $5 mark I'll be very interested (medium format macro!)

Elmsford, NY – October 20, 2009 – Mamiya, synonymous with professional photography, has introduced a new 22MP, 36×48mm
selling for $9,995. The Mamiya DM22, slated for November delivery, is the perfect choice for photographers when 35mm-sized DSLRs are not good enough. In fashion work, studio product photography, industrial/scientific or other demanding photographic specialties, medium format photography is in many people’s eyes hands-down the winner over 35mm-based digital. The DM22 is the affordable way to achieve that superiority.

Hopefully you're being facetious. You can get a digital hasselblad with lens for about $12,000. There's also other cheaper options. Hell, the CFV-39 is 39MP digi back for $13,000.

Hopefully you're being facetious. You can get a digital hasselblad with lens for about $12,000. There's also other cheaper options. Hell, the CFV-39 is 39MP digi back for $13,000.

Where?

digital hasselblad

There is where I say Pentax screwed up with the 645D.....

A quick google u can get one for $200.. Is this also where u got that info ? :greenpbl:

"Under $10k" doesn't mean affordable to a lot of people, myself included. I'm a poor college student and that means a half a year of tuition and living costs. When they get in the $1000 neighborhood, I'll be interested. I'd get one purely for landscape and macro work.

Affordable in respect to other products in the same category... no student "needs" a digital hassy. The Porsche Boxster is the "affordable" Porsche but I doubt many will consider it as within their budget.

Here's one i used a few months ago

509424777_PoWjj-L.jpg

509424886_5HH96-L.jpg

Where?

digital hasselblad

There is where I say Pentax screwed up with the 645D.....

Here:
Hasselblad | 503CWD SLR Camera Kit with Digital Back | 3011040

:(

The link redirects me to a digital back only... for $13k. Linking to a discontinued item doesn't count...

A Hasselblad with an obsolete Kodak back, current Hassy with current back = 25k-30K USD, Current Mamiya system 12k- 20K USD. I don't see me ever owning one. Don't I have a rich long-lost grandmother somewhere?

The link redirects me to a digital back only... for $13k. Linking to a discontinued item doesn't count...

See: Sad Face

It was a kit they were selling for about $12,000 with a 16mp digi back, body, and lens. It wasn't discontinued last time I checked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back