Affordable Pocket Wizards just announced.

I wasn't online yesterday, except last night after 3 beers and 5 glasses of wine. Remind me not to "drink and post" anymore. It gets me in trouble.

LOL I saw that. I usually use New Posts to navigate this place, I think its easier.

They're definitely better in price, but still not TTL. In which case the Skyport is still cheaper for a 2 unit setup. I was kind of disappointed!

I know, I'm pretty excited about the PW Flex III. I have a bunch of Flex II but cheaper and better is awesomer.

Still about double what I paid for my entire set of 3 recievers and 1 transmitter.

Do you think/find there's not a difference between Pocket Wizards and Yongnuos?

And no high speed shutter sync.

confused0024.gif

Still about double what I paid for my entire set of 3 recievers and 1 transmitter.

Do you think/find there's not a difference between Pocket Wizards and Yongnuos?

Not for what I use them for. I've never had a miss fire at 1/250 and I shoot manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're more affordable but I still wouldnt buy them. Why pay so much for a manual trigger that syncs only to 1/250.

Last edited:
New PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver | Remote Flash & Camera Triggering
"Normally, the Plus III is capable of triggering lights or cameras at a sustained rate of up to 12 frames per second (FPS), a standard for PocketWizard radios. Set the Plus III to High Speed Receive Mode (HSR) and trigger at rates up to 14.5 FPS, beyond the capability of most of today's cameras. This mode can also help high FPS triggering compatibility for any flash."

This will be handy shooting sports.

"Ultra-fast microprocessors allow for reliable sync speeds of 1/250 for focal plane shutters and 1/500 for leaf shutters."

Sync speed is limited by the cameras shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back