African Elephant

Irminsul

'The Column of Heaven'
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I liked the sidelight (almost a backlight angle) on this young African Elephant at Miami Metro Zoo.

l_AfricanElephant.jpg

At first I was thinking that perhaps that was dust at its feet and was wondering why you weren't beating it out of there ;) . As subtle as it may be, the movement of the trunk is nice.

Quote: [Nice depiction with the ears flared out.]

He was posing. Whenever I raised the camera, it would flare its ears, and was watching me all the time that I was watching him.

Quote: [At first I was thinking that perhaps that was dust at its feet and was wondering why you weren't beating it out of there ;-) . As subtle as it may be, the movement of the trunk is nice.]

That was hay; he was feeding. The movement of the trunk was feeding motion. Don't worry, I wasn't in the elephant pod. :mrgreen: There are no barred cages for mammals (and for some birds even) in Miami Metro Zoo. I used a Canon 70-300 IS, shooting at the tight end, over the pit area.

Quote: [Nice depiction with the ears flared out.]

He was posing. Whenever I raised the camera, it would flare its ears, and was watching me all the time that I was watching him.

Quote: [At first I was thinking that perhaps that was dust at its feet and was wondering why you weren't beating it out of there ;-) . As subtle as it may be, the movement of the trunk is nice.]

That was hay; he was feeding. The movement of the trunk was feeding motion. Don't worry, I wasn't in the elephant pod. :mrgreen: There are no barred cages for mammals (and for some birds even) in Miami Metro Zoo. I used a Canon 70-300 IS, shooting at the tight end, over the pit area.

Now for a guy who wasn't too happy to see us, and came at us with a stick. I forgave and made him my new avatar:

l_Orang1web.jpg

"Now for a guy who wasn't too happy to see us, and came at us with a stick. I forgave and made him my new avatar:"

[/quote]

Ok you are creative. I like your new avatar. I would not thought to do that.

[/quote] Ok you are creative. I like your new avatar. I would not thought to do that.[/quote]

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back