After 1.5 years of waiting...

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...I finally got to make a return trip to the White Wave! It's been a long time coming, and I'm loving the area more and more. I also saw several desert bighorn sheep on my way up, but wasn't able to get my camera out in time before they disappeared over the hill. Oh well, maybe next time!

Anyways, here are a couple from this trip. C&C is always welcome. Enjoy!

IMG_9165small.jpg

f/18
1/160 sec
ISO100

IMG_9123small.jpg

f/18
1/125 sec
ISO100

I like both...especially the second. Well done!

Thanks Charlie! I'm still waiting for an opportunity to stay the night up there so I can see all the different light changes. I might be heading up again in a few weeks to check it out!

Here's the color version of the second one...
IMG_9123colorsmall.jpg

While I usually prefer colour, the B&W image (#2) is really nice, showing an excellent display of light, texture and shape. The colour version is very nice, but in my opinion, not as powerful.

Are you familiar with the work of Ben Horne?

I can't say that I am. I just went to his website, and am pretty impressed with his work. He has all of the "standard" shots of Zion N.P. that all photographers in the area have (the Narrows, the Subway, and the Wave in Coyote Buttes), but he also has some pretty refreshing takes of finding beauty in what so many others (myself included) would usually pass by.

I can't say that I am. I just went to his website, and am pretty impressed with his work. He has all of the "standard" shots of Zion N.P. that all photographers in the area have (the Narrows, the Subway, and the Wave in Coyote Buttes), but he also has some pretty refreshing takes of finding beauty in what so many others (myself included) would usually pass by.
His videos are inspiring. I think you'd really like him given your style you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back