After almost a year of shooting, I'm finally a Pro!

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At least according to Wal Mart :lol:

I brought some pictures there to have printed for greeting cards and our Son's two year portraits that I did and when I went to pick them up they asked to see a release form from the photographer showing I had the right to have them printed.

After saying I took them I had to sign a waver.

Was a proud day for me, I guess I can start booking weddings now right? :lol:

You haven't already? You're about a year behind schedule... You should have been booked for a wedding the day you bought your camera. If you were really on the ball, you would have had appointments set up in the weeks preceding the purchase of your camera.

I can see you being pro now...you only had to go through what...6 cameras? :lmao:

Heh... I took pics for a friend and when she tried to get them printed, they made her get a letter from me! It's very gratifying!

lol
Familiar story...

My mentor, may he rest in peace, went to walgreens or rite aid (don't remember which), to get some last minute stuff developed for his bro/sis in-law. They refused to print stating that these are professional images (no doubt about there) and need photographer's release form. After speaking with store manager who then forward him to regional manger of some kind, he got permission to print them - it only took about 3-4days by which time he printed them somewhere else.
It kind of proofs my (and not just mine) point about sending work to pro labs vs local drug store. One with people who specialize in printing and understand that photographers DO print their own job and others where they get payed few $ above minimum wage and have to press a button w/o using common sense.

Thanks for sharing - MR PRO!
:D

EDIT: Just remembered - few months ago, I shot some portraits of my cuz and though to print them for our grandparents. But forgot to send them out to the lab...weeks later on the way to their house, put few collages together, stopped over at CVS to print them. At first, they gave me BS as our PRO over there described. Then called their manager over, so he tells me the same story. Luckily I had my laptop with me and showed them original images, along with collages. FINALLY got my prints done. Those places are EXPENSIVE. I don't recall paying more then $2 for 8x10, they charged me something like $8.

Last edited:
I wonder if those crazy guys at Walmart and drug stores ever print some great shots they like and keep them for themselves!!! Who knows, they may even print some posters for their homes!

I wonder if those crazy guys at Walmart and drug stores ever print some great shots they like and keep them for themselves!!! Who knows, they may even print some posters for their homes!

Like in all things I am sure there are strict guidlines against allowing this to happen (since its technically theft and the shop will be liable). They probably have to sign for each bit of printing paper/ink etc.... used or at least have stock checks on them as well as waste (from dud prints) to prevent people printing the shots and just calling them waste.

However I'm sure it still happens ;)
But in the few lucky cases some staff might ask first

I applaud them them for not just printing the photos without giving it a second though.

After all, the law is there is to protect the rights of professional photographers.

You haven't already? You're about a year behind schedule... You should have been booked for a wedding the day you bought your camera. If you were really on the ball, you would have had appointments set up in the weeks preceding the purchase of your camera.

This is really funny, yet sad at the same time. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back