after many very unsuccessful attempts...

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SO I'm just beginning, but I live out in the country and just had to get some shouts of the moon.....Two different shots here, one at twilight, and the other at night with rolling clouds.....thoughts?

Picture006.jpg

Picture025.jpg

kinda plain but a common but great shot taken is long exposure with stars, if you center the moon and shoot for like 30 min you will get streaks around the moon make it much more interesting

kinda plain but a common but great shot taken is long exposure with stars, if you center the moon and shoot for like 30 min you will get streaks around the moon make it much more interesting

How would you keep the moon from overpowering the exposure with such a long exposure?

eh good question, i really dont know, but experiment with it ll still work with some extent with a 15 min

I know that some people use more than one exposure and then mask in the moon and blend the layers.

In any event, I think you did a good job on the 2 shots here. I especially like #2. Very nice! :)

NJ

eh good question, i really dont know, but experiment with it ll still work with some extent with a 15 min

Not to be rude, just blunt: You are very incorrect. A 15-minute exposure would be appropriate for the full moon if you had an aperture of f/6000. The moon will saturate a normal f/5.6 aperture in 1/60th-sec, a factor of 54,000 times shorter than 15 minutes. The ONLY time you can properly expose the full moon and stars is during a total lunar eclipse.

Therefore, any lunar superposition over star trails will be fake and have to be done in post-processing, not only because they require different exposure lengths, but also because they move at nearly the same rate, with the moon moving ever-so-slightly slower through the sky than the stars. Also, personally, I very much dislike photos with the stars and Moon in the same exposure because it perpetuates one of the most basic arguments of Moon Hoax people, and that's that there "should" be stars in the photographs of the lunar landscape taken from the moon.

What lens did you use on the first shot, its pretty plain, but the moon looks really nice

i love moon shots and am dying to try one of the overlays, its plain but is pretty much just a classic shot...i have one around somewhere that is dark blue with some shadow of tree's in it and a very yellow tinted moon (no P&P)...

Most reactions

Back