After the storm...

tgates

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
stormscape.jpg

thats awsome!!!! thats my favorite kind of weather too great shot

Wonderful.
When I was little, I used to think at the sight of the sun bursting through the clouds like this that The Dear God was touching the Earth with his hand. ;)

LaFoto said:
Wonderful.
When I was little, I used to think at the sight of the sun bursting through the clouds like this that The Dear God was touching the Earth with his hand. ;)

I grew up thinking it was Gods peep hole to see through the clouds.:)

Beautiful capture of the rays. I've never managed to photograph them so vividly. Good job.

i know its already been said, but thats an awesome shot. i love storms too, but have never been able to catch a shot of the sun after a storm. most of the storms weve gotten here recently were at night, and living in the middle of the city makes it hard to get shots like that.

very nice!

Thanks guys....My husband was laughing at me because I made him pull over so I could get this shot! He thinks I'm goofy :lmao:

I don't really like it. It's not visually appealing to me, probly cause:
- land is completely underexposed and there is not enough of it to make nice thirds or anything
- the clouds aren't really that special
- the ray of light is some trivial little thing in the background

Luke, your comment is a bit negative. It's fine that you don't like the photo, but you could be a little nicer. The rays are not trivial, they are the subject. The ground is not the subject so therefore we don't need to see it in detail, which I think the darkness addes to the photo. And the clouds are far from nothing special. They have a nice glow.

Nice shot.

EBphotography said:
Luke, your comment is a bit negative. It's fine that you don't like the photo, but you could be a little nicer. The rays are not trivial, they are the subject. The ground is not the subject so therefore we don't need to see it in detail, which I think the darkness addes to the photo. And the clouds are far from nothing special. They have a nice glow.

Nice shot.
Fair enough, you like the shot.
But what i said was very restrained. I simply said i didn't like it, and gave reasons why. People are always saying "go hard, i can take it" and then everyone gives nice little comments with reasons how they like it, when what most people think is something like: "it's an out of focus picture of a hubcap... wtf"
I happen to be respectuful enough to actually give reasons, technical ones, why i dont like it. I could just say what i was thinking, and it's inane comments about why im being to negative that will push me over the edge into blatantly insulting something if i think it's crap.

I dont like where this conversation is going...... points have been made, one of you isnt fond of the shot and the other is, lets leave it there shall we.

I like the shot, the rays are well captured.... although its a tad high in contrast, i would try and balence that a bit more..... but good job. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back