Aftermarket lens

yellowduck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As you may guess I am new to this site and New to Nikon. I've had a D5000 for about a year now with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. I am a week ender just taking pictures of the grandkids,my oldest grand daughter is playing field hocky and the 55-200mm lens is not enough most most of the time. I was checking out a Rokinon 650-1300mm lens I know on my D5000 it will only work as a manual lens but does anybody has this lens using it in this type of setup. I guess what I am asking is this a ok setup for a week ender will it give good results for hobby photographer.

As you may guess I am new to this site and New to Nikon. I've had a D5000 for about a year now with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. I am a week ender just taking pictures of the grandkids,my oldest grand daughter is playing field hocky and the 55-200mm lens is not enough most of the time. I was checking out a Rokinon 650-1300mm lens. I know on my D5000 it will only work as a manual lens, but does anybody have this lens using it in this type of setup. I guess what I am asking, is this an ok setup for a week ender? Will it give good results for hobby photographer.

That size of lens is, for one thing, overkill! It's mostly used for wildlife photography. Secondly, it requires the use of a sturdy tripod. This is not a hand held lens by any means. :) But if you can get it cheap......hey, go for it. :)
For what you want to shoot, I'd suggest a 55-300 VR or even a 70-300 VR lens.

I think you will be sorely disappointed with it.

That lens is a monster. I Just looked it up and found one on Amazon for less then $300. That sounds exceptionally cheap for a lens like that.

Too much zoom unless you plan on going to the moon & shooting back down here. Rather than comparing zoom, look at the f-stops. Shoot for a 2.8 if you can afford it, you will find the speed & clarity much more appealing than what you are looking at which is most likely a 6.1 f-stop.

what is your budget?

dang it.

note to self... look at post date.

Don't get it. Buy a 70-300 VR instead or if you can spend more, get the 18-200 vr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back