Afternoon Nap

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying out 35mm Tri-X 400 shot at 1250 and 1600, and developed in Diafine. The results were pretty good, so I ordered some 120 size Tri-X 400, and got the Norita out of the collection case. The Norita is a no frills (just basic manual functions) medium format SLR that takes 11 6cm x 6cm frames on a roll of 120, or 23 frames on 220. It's designed like a big 35mm SLR. What is special about the camera is it's f/2 standard lens. That's a stop faster than you'll see in most other fast medium format lenses.

Afternoon Nap

camera: Graflex Norita 66 w/ 80mm f/2 Noritar lens
film: Tri-X 400 in Diafine
exposure: 1/125th @ f/2 (exposed for ISO 1250)
hand held, available light

normal_sleep0305a.jpg

WOW! How can she sleep with all that stuff going on in that picture!
There's cartoons, bears, snowmen. But she looks oh-so-comfy! It's such a cute photo.

Meysha said:
How can she sleep with all that stuff going on in that picture!
There's cartoons, bears, snowmen.

What you can see is just the tip of the iceberg ;)

beautiful shot, it looks so full-on, as if you would have to be hanging from the ceiling to take it, available light and no overshadowing, great exposure... as for the subject... awwww bless her! so cute!!!!

Love it love it love it!!! Beautiful work, the contrast and tones are amazing, and the subject is perfect!!! EXCELLENT JOB :)

errant_star said:
Great tones, clarity and exposure ... way to go :thumbsup:

i wholeheartedly agree; perfect exposure! :thumbup:

Wow, the tones in this are amazing! Awesome work!

dalebe said:
...you would have to be hanging from the ceiling to take it, available light and no overshadowing, great exposure... as for the subject... awwww bless her! so cute!!!!

Yes, yes, yes!

the contrast and tones are amazing, and the subject is perfect!!! EXCELLENT JOB

I can't but agree! Even though this description

I've been trying out 35mm Tri-X 400 shot at 1250 and 1600, and developed in Diafine. The results were pretty good, so I ordered some 120 size Tri-X 400, and got the Norita out of the collection case. The Norita is a no frills (just basic manual functions) medium format SLR that takes 11 6cm x 6cm frames on a roll of 120, or 23 frames on 220. It's designed like a big 35mm SLR. What is special about the camera is it's f/2 standard lens. That's a stop faster than you'll see in most other fast medium format lenses.

is far, far, far beyond me... :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (what ol' point-and-shooter I am... )

Great photo! It's so hard with black and white print to get the tonality that you have here!! I love it! :)

Allsmiles7282 said:
It's so hard with black and white print to get the tonality that you have here!!

I can't take the credit; I just used a big neg and a compensating developer. The two bath developer I used, Diafine, is almost idiot proof. It takes care of the contrast all by itself.

EDIT: By the way, this file is scanned from the neg, but I did print up a few of 10" x 10" gelatin silver prints last night, and they look even better :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back