Afterschool Shoot with a Beautiful Lady :] C&C please!

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i woke up this morning and decided i need more practice with my lighting skills. i ran into a friend in the hall and asked her to model for me, and she agreed :]

we did a 15 minute shoot, and chatted for 45 minutes (a friend found us, we got distracted, packed up). not too many photos... but heres two of my favourites!

4289656848_3724f537bf_b.jpg

4289652954_c59db07569_b.jpg

...catchlights in second could be better though.

:p gonna be honest, no clue what a catch light is D:

but nahh i used a strobe on the second.

catchlights are the sort of white shapes you see in the eye of the subject, in relation to the position of the light, softbox, umbrella or what ever, it's usually nice to see a big catchlight

I really like these. Good job with the lighting. My only thing is that they just seem too soft to me. Especially the second one. I would like to see the eyes and face more in focus.

Great job on the lighting tho.

-Gian

I like the first shot. The back of her head isn't lit by a flash or back light?

I like the general environment the photos were made in, and the subject is a beautiful young woman, but there is something about the post processing that I do not like. It seems like the photos lack detail in the hair and face, as if you applied pretty heavy noise reduction. To me, the application of heavy noise reduction hurts the realistic "location photography" effect. I'd prefer to see more detail, even if there is a little bit of digital noise.

The lighting is really good. My favourite is the first one! However, the second one - where the facial features are concerned - is too soft and should be a bit sharper.

ahh, thanks for the input guys!

about the softness, it was my first time playing with the portraiture plug in for photoshop. so i didn't really know what to do. i normally keep all the detail in my photos, no softening and stuff, and i guess on my first time using it i over did it.... i'll correct that next time!

hopefully i'll be doing more shoots with this girl, and hopefully i'll be better :]

shes very pretty
great photos...
though i think the edit is too much 'soft'
if thats what u want to achive than ok :p
but i think it can looks even better...

The first one is great, the second one is OK.

1: Nice backlighting, and the model is doing something natural.

2: She is just standing there, flat lighting, boring.

The first one is great, the second one is OK.

1: Nice backlighting, and the model is doing something natural.

2: She is just standing there, flat lighting, boring.

yeah, for the second photo i kinda just had her pose... i wanted like... a profile photo? i wish i had a little more time, but the halls got crowded up and people got in the way, so we just ended up chatting haha.

shes very pretty
great photos...
though i think the edit is too much 'soft'
if thats what u want to achive than ok :p
but i think it can looks even better...

yeahh! i realize that now XD it was my first time using the portraiture app on photoshop and i went a little crazy with it. will do better next time though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back