Again...

ಠ_ಠ

That's the worst shooting I've heard about pretty much ever.

wtf humanity

ಠ_ಠ

That's the worst shooting I've heard about pretty much ever.

wtf humanity

Virginia Tech massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"...April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others[SUP][1][/SUP] in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another 6 people were injured escaping from classroom windows)"

This guy today??? NBC News is now reporting that "one of his parents has been found murdered in their New Jersey home"...

In a somewhat similar, yet dissimilar vein...

"The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre)[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] of early September 2004 lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children),[SUP][5][/SUP]ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed separatist militants, mostly Ingush andChechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004. The hostage-takers were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya at the UN and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons.[SUP][6][/SUP] At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children,[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] with a significant number of people injured and reported missing."

This appears to be the gunman http://www.facebook.com/rlanza

His profile picture is getting something like 1,000 shares per minute.

Horrifying.

uly 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559285/a-look-at-the-worlds-worst-mass-shootings/

What if it had been a requirement that the school administrators/teaches be armed and trained in the use of deadly force?

Last edited:
Not wanting to get political. I agree with Mully. There's something to be said for teaching morality in the schools and morality is different than religion, as I know some very moral aetheists and agnostics. People should learn to do the right thing, not because there is a reward or punishment attached, but rather because it is just the right thing to do, to have an open heart.

uly 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559285/a-look-at-the-worlds-worst-mass-shootings/

What if it had been a requirement that the school administrators/teaches be armed and trained in the use of deadly force?

...thats not the answer,i don't know what the answer is,but i'm sure not comfortable w/that.

Not wanting to get political. I agree with Mully. There's something to be said for teaching morality in the schools and morality is different than religion, as I know some very moral aetheists and agnostics. People should learn to do the right thing, not because there is a reward or punishment attached, but rather because it is just the right thing to do, to have an open heart.

...and wholeheartedly agree with this

If not with guns at least pepperspray and tazers.

My wife and I are a blended family with 6 kids between us and 9 grand kids. We look at our grand kids and think they don't even know how to "play" like kids used to play. Some say it's the media, even going as far as using the 3 Stooges and the cartoon "roadrunner" as examples. I grew up with both of these "kids shows" but have never felt the need to hit someone on the head with a hammer.

But then I walked into my sons house and my 8 year old grand DAUGHTER was playing some western video game were she would walk up to cows and horses and shot them. The blood would fly, the animal was dead and she would laugh. THAT was scary. I could see where hours upon hours of this could desensitize a young mind. I think it different simply sitting back and watching compared to 'pulling the tigger" themselves. Like any "OLD man" my concerns were dismissed.

Until they can find and cure crazy this will continue to happen no matter what gets banned. Blame who or what you like, but we will never know the true cause of this person's dementia.

It is happening more because there are more people on this planet not because of anything that is produced by the media or by society.

The only way to prevent this type of thing is education.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back