Against the light

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A shot by the Thames from a long weekend in London. In colour it was almost black and white so I did a conversion job on it.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

London-South-Bank-cyclists.jpg

Well if its Digital Prob. Just Brought it into PS and Desaturated it. IF film. I have no clue. But I will soon. CAuse i have plans of unleashing MY Mamaiya C330 and SRT101 MInolta

On this one I got the colour version how I wanted it (mainly bringing up some detail in the Houses of Parliament) in Photoshop, then used a plugin from Red Paw called BW Pro, set a "red filter" for high contrast and made a few further adjustments to keep a difference between the foreground and background.

Tony

I was asking because I thought the background looked kind of flat through the conversion process. I didn't know if that was intended or not. At first I didn't like it, but it does make the foreground jump out more.

well I think you brought the shadows up a bit too much because the background looks fake.

overall this is a really nice photo but you should work a bit with this background. I do like the high contrast in the foreground

Hey. TONY! :hug::
Loooong time no see!
And you did not show up at the meet-up, either. :cry:

But you are back.
How was France.
How is retirement?
What do you do now?
Do you take PHOTOS, maybe? ;) ;) ;)

For whenever you take photos, they are GOOD!
Even though this one shows that there was quite some work involved in bringing out the detail in the Houses of Parliament.

The combination of a slight haze and distance introduced that effect. In the BW conversion I tried not to lose it when I pulled a bit of detail out of the buildings.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for the welcome back Corinna.

Life is good. Retirement is good. Travel is good. Photography - well, you decide (!). But I'm doing more of it now, though posting less. In fact I haven't posted anywhere since mid-July, until last week. I'm just about ready to take up my pencil and paint brushes again, so photography will have to share my time with a bit of drawing and painting. However, I'll be posting on The PF again, and looking forward to more of your supportive and incisive comments ;-)

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back