Age of Mamiya 645

mangorockfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just received my other Mamiya 645 today. Is there a way to tell the year and month of manufacture of these cameras? Thanks

Thank you Dennis, but I was looking for age based on serial numbers. Mine are Supers that from what I understand are from 1985. Thanks again.

Actually, the condition is WAY more important than the age. While most of the Mamiya 645 accessories, especially lenses, are interchangeable on all Mamiya 645 models, some things like focusing screens are different, so you have to be aware of that.

I am getting back into film and am also looking for a Mamiya 645 Pro-TL. As stated previously I do not seem to be able to find any history for the camera's serial number runs.
A survey of ebay indicates serial numbers consisting of two alphabetic and 4 numeric series serial numbers. The alphabetic portions start with A, B ,C, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, and T.
Would it be reasonable that T is newer than A, all else being equal? Although the A and B look pretty minty. I know it's picky, just wondering.
I also don't like using ebay, but this camera body seems to be few and far between here in the Pacific NW. Would one be able to say anything about ebay Japan?
I'm really itching to pull the trigger, I see photos everywhere!
Thanks,
Chris

It seems logical that they started with the A run, then went throught the alphabet until they got to T.

Most reactions

Back