AgentDrex Has a New Camera!!!

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, after asking around for advice and insight into what I should get to replace my AS3000IS, I have decided to save up for a Nikon D95.

Since it sounds like I'll have about a year to save for it, and the current POS camera I own is failing (aberrant focus issues), I wanted something to hold me over until I have enough money for the Nikon.

I have stayed with Canon for the time being and have purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XS.

If anyone owns, or has owned one, would you please comment on it for me?

Once I get my "sea legs" with this camera (hopefully through the weekend), I will start posting new photos again. In the meantime, I will start commenting so that my ratio of comments to posts is all cleared up.

Thanks everyone for having me. You all (well, most) have been wonderful!

Why did you buy a canon to save up for a nikon? Just stick with Canon. Buy yourself a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 for starters. They're like $350 or so. It will change your life.

I have a Rebel XS and I really like it and has been fairly easy to learn fairly quickly. :)

The Canon EOS Rebel XS is a really great camera - I think you'll be happy with it.

+1 more for the Rebel XS. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I am very happy.

I bought a Canon to save up for a Nikon...strange? Yeah, well, it was a matter of convenience. A small camera store and photo studio in town sells cameras and they didn't have a Nikon on stock but had this Canon and with my buddy I haven't seen in a half year coming up this weekend, I wanted to have something to shoot with other than the crapped-out AS3000IS I have.

Maybe I'll stick with Canon and buy another one that can take HD video at the point I have the money saved for a nice Nikon D95 kit...or maybe I'll just get the Nikon...I don't know yet, but I do know I am soooo looking forward to testing this thing out tonight after work....in about 20 minutes...or about the time anyone starts to read this...woo hooo!!!!

Why did you buy a canon to save up for a nikon? Just stick with Canon. Buy yourself a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 for starters. They're like $350 or so. It will change your life.

Haha, Tamron should pay you for all the plugs you give to that lens.:lol: I'm just messing with you.

I agree about buying Canon only to switch is probably not the greatest thing to do. Unless you only plan on using kit lenses. The problems lies in when you start upgrading your lenses, they will not be able to be used on another camera brand unless you have an adapter and then in most cases you lose automatic controls.

I am not saying this merely to keep you with Canon. I would say the same thing had the brands been reversed here.

Hey that Tamron 17-50 2.8 might be cheap but it's a damn good lens!

Oh and AgentDrex, only a true photog buys Canon :lol:

its what i have used all along, eventually want togo with a 7D or something more but for now i will just get better glass. I have recently upgraded to the 50mm 1.8 as well as the EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS just yesterday and am having AMAZING results so far

I bought a Canon to save up for a Nikon...strange?

Well, it's a start....

I've been following your camera saga the past week or so...glad you've got something with d-slr capabilities to shoot with until you can save up enough money for the camera you acually want.:sexywink: (that comment's for you guys!!!)

had my Canon XS a little under a week.

VERY easy to shoot with.

You will enjoy.

Sure, follow the sheep and buy a Canon. At least you'll fit in while you spend the rest of your life secretly wishing you had a Nikon.

Baaaaaah....

;)

A small camera store and photo studio in town sells cameras and they didn't have a Nikon on stock .....
Ever heard of on-line purchasing? :D

Use the Canon for now, but make the switch before too long or those brown stains on your fingers will be a ***** to wash off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back