Agfa APX vs Silvertone

DocFrankenstein

Clinically Insane?
Reaction score
What's the difference?

I am considering switching to silvertone because it's cheaper? Is it the same stuff? is there less silver?

Has anybody tried it or has some specs on the difference from agfa?

Thanks

There's a lot of different Agfa APX's out there -- from ISO 25 to 400 and beyond. You didn't indicate which one you were using.

I've not tried it, myself. Haven't read enough about it to get a feel for it, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there thus far.

Torus34 said:
There's a lot of different Agfa APX's out there -- from ISO 25 to 400 and beyond. You didn't indicate which one you were using.
To be honest I assumed the speeds don't matter much in terms of the tonal response as long as it's the same film. The grain would be different though.

I've had 2 boxes of this stuff in freezer. ISO 100 and 400:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...&ci=330&ac=&Submit.x=20&Submit.y=13&Submit=Go
I bought them about a year ago when agfa was sold out again, and I was afraid they'd stop making films.

And then I've got a roll of silvertone at ISO 100 and the canister has different graphics AND it's cheaper than APX.

So I'm wondering about the differences.

AFAIK they discontinued the ISO 25 line

Since you've already got the films, why not just shoot some of each, run them through your favorite soup, and compare? The choice will come down to your own personal preference anyhow.

Torus34 said:
Since you've already got the films, why not just shoot some of each, run them through your favorite soup, and compare? The choice will come down to your own personal preference anyhow.
I don't have the tools for a scientific test of different films. And I don't think I'll see any difference if I just test a few emulsions.

That's why I'm looking for some specs from agfa

Sorry. I misinterpreted your question. You're looking for theoretical as opposed to practical differences.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back