Ah... the sweet smell of new equipment...

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of life's greatest joys, ordering new photography equipment...

I just ordered a cheap iTTL ring flash from B&H (using the link at the top of the page so TPF gets their bit of the action, of course).

I bought this one.

El Cheapo iTTL Ring Flash

Will it work to take pictures of bugs? I guess we will find out!

I thought about ordering the Nikon version, but the reviews I read about it were "eh" when it comes to walking around in the bush with them... several complaints about the cheap plastic rings not holding the flashes, lost flashes, etc. Also, I will be using it with several different cameras not all of which have commander mode, and I didn't feel like paying 6 Bens for that.

What I bought may work fine, or may be complete crap... but you all will be in on it, because I will write a full review.

Now, I just gotta wait until it arrives!

How well does it work?
To tell you the truth...I haven't really used it much. I bought it back when I used film and before I had a TTL flash...so I had no idea what type of exposure I would get.

My wife's Hibiscus trees are flowering for the first time in years...I might dig out the 'donut' to get some shots.

To tell you the truth...I haven't really used it much. I bought it back when I used film and before I had a TTL flash...so I had no idea what type of exposure I would get.

My wife's Hibiscus trees are flowering for the first time in years...I might dig out the 'donut' to get some shots.

Does it save lives, too? ;)

Well, if you had about 100 of them, and tied them together...it might help you float...but that's about it. As it is...it will only help you to get a shadowless photo of your face...just before you sink :er:

Well, at the least, you'll have something soft to sit on if you hurt your pooper. :lol:

Seriously, though, I like this design. I have been wanting to make a ringlight for some time now. Perhaps I should get of my pooper and make it happen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back