Ahhhhhh The River Kennet

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a bit of a dull day today, weather been rubbish (again!) but as Hoppy wanted to drive me around who was I to say no?

Well I sold my macro lens at the weekend thinking I'd never use it, so what did I do today?

I used a 600mm lens for a photo of a wild flower!

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

but better than that, I saw my first ever Kingfisher today!!

its that little blue and orange thing on the branch in the middle of the shot.
you know there are times when I wish I had a 2000mm lens
kf1.jpg

and here is a crop
kf2.jpg

probably one of the worst photos I've ever taken but I don't care I've seen a Kingfisher :mrgreen:

And then I thought I saw a River Otter but it turned out just to be Hoppy :confused:

hop.jpg

Too bad your 'worst ever' photo is better than virtually every bird picture I've ever taken!
I really like your 600mm macro :) It's lovely!
And hello there Hoppy!
hello.png
animals_023.gif

many thanks, I admit I was a bit surprised with the 'macro' shot its better than I thought it would be

Have you ever seen MY one and only photo of the one and only kingfisher I have ever seen? Have you?
I doubt it (it is on the blooper section somewhere, and in there FOR A REASON!).
For if you had, you would pat yourself on the shoulder for getting such a GOOD one here!
Myself -- I am now green with envy! :mrgreen:

Sheesh, that's one of your worst pictures? Pffft. Looks pretty good to me. It's a pretty little thing. (The bird that is.) And Hoppy looks pretty happy for someone who's had to lug that huge lens around

he was only smiling because he is sat on an Ants nest in that photo, talk about Ants in your pants :lol:

very nice!

the kingfisher with his strong colours almost looks out of place on that image ;)

You can't hide an Elephant behind a twig....:lol:

JS9O2815.jpg

What Elephant - I can only see the Hippo :lol:
Thank God I'm perfect. Anyway guys anymore of this having pops at each other will get you removed from the 300-2.8 club. Your 'T shirts' will be ceremonusly (yes I know it's wrong) removed and you will be dispatched to the Peanut Butter mines in Hartlepool - and remember they hang monkeys in Hartlepool. I need more alcohol.

Well at least I still have hair on my head! :lol: ;-)

Well I might not of been camouflaged very well but I did get a shot of a Kingfisher

OK the photo is cool, but the sad part is I also thought "cool lens cover" at the same time :p

Regards,
Peter Witham

Most reactions

New Topics

Back