Airic's Osprey

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Airic told me about this osprey awhile back and thought I should visit him soon before he takes off. I was thrilled to see him perched upon a basball diamond light post where a nest was. I started off taking pics of him perched, and it didn't look like he wanted to fly. Just before I went home he blessed me with some flight shots. For the first time witnessing these creatures it was quite the experience!

Here's a few pics to share...I've got many more but these are the ones that stood out the most to me. Thanx Airic It was well worth the 45minute drive!!!

opsprey1.jpg

osprey2.jpg

osprey3.jpg

osprey4.jpg

osprey5.jpg

osprey6.jpg

osprey7.jpg

opsrey8.jpg

WOW!!!

The pure blue sky is a perfect background for these shots!

Very nicely captured. I can't pick a favorite. :thumbsup:

awesome! the blue sky works perfectly here!

HOly cow. Brilliant photography man.

You did a great job! They are all very good, I think I like the second one, best, coming in for a landing. :thumbup:

Nice work - glad you were able to make it out there! :)

1st and last are my favorites. You got such amazing details!

Thanx again everyone...I plan to go back in the near future.

Hey Joat, I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the spot. I have never been disappointed on any of my visits. You did a magnificent job and I see the lighting was perfect. Excellent captures.

Eric

AIRIC said:
Hey Joat, I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the spot. I have never been disappointed on any of my visits. You did a magnificent job and I see the lighting was perfect. Excellent captures.

Eric

Thanx again Eric, Sunday cleared up pretty nice so we headed up there and it was well worth the trip...maybe I'll see ya there some time.

Thanx Ray, if you head up you won't be dissapointed either.

That same day there was an Eagle hovering over us...at least I think it was but he stayed way up and I couldn't get a shot.

That was probably another Osprey. There are two I the nest plus a young one that pops up once in awhile. The mother stays near the nest but the male takes off and I have often seen him soaring up high just south of Reach St.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back