hyakuhei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hyakuhei.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I'm really looking forward to the Royal Internation Air Tattoo this year. The main difference for me being that this year I am interested in Photography!

I have a 300D with a few lenses but I'll bt using my Sigma APO f4 70-300m at the airshow.

I was wondering if an ND or GND filter might help the shots ?

Taking photos of small relatively dark planes on a bright background cant be easy.... usually the sky is blue at RIAT, it has been white before.

What do you guys suggest for getting great airshow shots (budget *is* an issue here....all options considered though)

Cheers
-Rob

Hi,
I asked the same question a few weeks back and I got some great replies. Sorry I don't know how to set up a link directly to the post but it's in the beginners place, entitled Airshow Photography Questions.

I'll let you know how good the advice was, I'm going to Legends this weekend.

Page not found

hehe - no you dont ;-) thanks for the pointer I'll look it up myself

Manually set your exposure by taking a reading of grass in the area, or a neutral colored building. Set the exposure and start shooting. Check your exposure every 1/2 hour or so and verify it has not changed due to cloud cover or other conditions that might alter light intensity. If your panning technique is good a shutter of 1/500 or 1/1000 is good and let the aperture fall where it may.

Most reactions

Back