aka. Chewy aka. Bnz

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm 90% new at this photography thang! I took B&W photography in HS years ago. I am actually an extremely left-brained person so Its really hard for me to see the images a lot of you artistic photographers see so I have leaned towards photo journalism type stuff (if thats the correct term)

Anywayz my first camera was a Canon PowerShot A75 I bought because I was getting deployed to Iraq so I wanted to save some memories. I had the camera with me almost all the time so it took a beating (somehow there is sand still embedded under the LCD from Kuwait). The lens dont close, the speaker(s) dont work, the shutter release gets stuck. Anyway (blah blah blah) it barely works now so I bought a Nikon D40 recently.

dsc0001hb1.jpg

I also hate camera straps with logos so I use 550 cord. Its not as uncomfortable as it looks plus I have a strong neck so I like it =)

newstrapbf2.jpg

I guess this is sharing too much maybe... I just really enjoy taking pictures.

Hi!!

-edit-

Is my sig too big? (I have a wide screen laptop so its small to me)

Welcome to TPF, the knot looks good! And the Nikon too. Enjoy the Forum.

Welcome to the forum!

And yes, your sig is much to big....here is the snippet from our sig guidelines:

We are requesting that any images in signatures be a MAX of 468X60 pixels (for reference that is the same size as the Freestyle banner on the top right of the page). Also, flash or animated gifs are no longer aloud in signature blocks. These guidelines will help the forum pages load more quickly and let the images in the post be the focus, not those in the signatures.

...it's a cool shot though!

Welcome to the forum.

I didn't like the strap that came with my Canon...but mostly because it had hard edges and wasn't very comfortable. I recommend an Optec strap.

At one time, we could order these straps with a logo from this forum...but I'm not sure if they still have any of those....but if you don't like the logos...then a black one would be fine...and much more comfortable than a cord :lol:

Thanks this site has been extremely interesting and informative so far I cant wait to contribute more.

Most reactions

Back