The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Akkha woman in Luang Namtha, Northern Laos selling beads and bracelets to simple tourists.

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D200
Image Date: 2007:01:29 00:42:03
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 135.0mm (35mm equivalent: 202mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0029 s (1/350)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO equiv: 320
Exposure Bias: 1.00
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
Comment: (C)L Lorton#p

akkawomanln00016dw2.jpg

Ooh, that is a great piture. Her teeth freak me out though, but that isnt your fault. How do you decide which exposure setting to use? I see you used aperture priority there? Just curious if that is what you like best or if it was best for that particular shot?

How do you decide which exposure setting to use? I see you used aperture priority there? Just curious if that is what you like best or if it was best for that particular shot?

My guess is that I shoot aperture priority 95% of the time. My main concern is getting all of what I want in in focus and since the aperture controls the DOF, I want to be able to control that directly.

Thanks. I will try and use that setting a lot next time I practice... which will be today! My friend wants me to take pictures of her three month old baby, I'm kinda nervous cause she is relying on me to get good ones as the baby will be christened this weekend! Any tips for me? The lighting in her house is excellent so they may turn out better than you see when I take them at mine.

Very nice and very interesting "theme", as always from the traveller...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back