Al Capone's Cell

sactown024

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the Eastern State Penitentiary this weekend in Philli, I took a lot of photos but just started going through them. This one is pretty boring and probably been seen a million times but I thought id share it anyways and will post others later. The place is really creepy and really dark, I had a 2.8 lens and was still shooting at ISO800 most of the time unless I was doing long exposures and using a flashlight. I took my newborn child with me and it was 30 degrees so it was freezing and was just shooting everything I saw fast, next time I go I will go by myself and take more time. As I was shooting a door held by a cinder block slammed shut behind me, it creeped me out, even my wife who didn't even know I was in that area came up to me later and told me about the door slamming with a huge block in front of it, I told her I was there! The spirits were pisssed!

$Al Capone HDR-2.jpg

$IMG_4309.jpg

made this one grainy, looks soft but its mostly the grain

so cool! i cant believe he got that nice of a cell.

the area it was in was a lot nice also, it was in the middle of a 5 way intersections of halls next to the mirrors and he had a lot nicer cell gate haha

But no flat screen.

Oh very cool!! How did your trip the the Pen. go?!!

It was definetly worth the trip in, they charged me an extra $10 to carry my tripod in! If I did it again I would want to spend a lot more time there and do a lot fo light painting etc... everything I shot was mostly ISO 800 since I was in a rush most of the time as I had my 3/mo old with me. Besides that, the place is amazing just need to watch out for all that elad paint :D

$706265_461751173870622_298983498_o.jpg

small facebook file since I am at work its all I got

Most reactions

Back