Alas, poor Mamiya. I knew it well, Horatio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tirediron, he pulled the same with you? Dan's info explains why the guy didn't respond here, he's banned. Then how did he see the post here? Did someone tell him? I had posted on his blog yesterday responding to his bs giving him specifics to rebut and checked back just now and all he could do was name calling. Exactly what I expected. Look at his work, looks like something done by a 10 year old. Intellectual my ass. Stupid and arrogant are a terrible combination. Some other jerkoff posted on the blog he learned in photo school there is only one sun, like that is the goal. Jeez, photography is full of idiots. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one he tweaked. Really appreciate both your posts. Both of you are posters I respect and I always read your posts.

Whether or not you agree with that bloggers opinions or critique, how much value should you really place on someone who had dedicated quite a lot of time and effort to specifically seeking out pictures from mods and members of a forum he was banned from for the sole purpose of ridiculing them? I mean, really...

How many of you were actually around when he was an active member?
I personally liked him and agreed with a lot of what he had to say here.
Unfortunately, he could be a bit abrasive (especially to new members) and he aparantly has taken to some personal vendetta against the forum.
His banning was not done lightly, nor without a LOT of warnings and come to Jesus meetings.
But stalking forum members just to talk crap about them?
Its hard to see someone I had a lot of respect for sink so low.
Im sure he Will see this as he's still lurking around here. With any luck he might even have a change of heart.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
So you edited your post and deleted my response? Have a change of heart asking him over for a drink?

Whether or not you agree with that bloggers opinions or critique, how much value should you really place on someone who had dedicated quite a lot of time and effort to specifically seeking out pictures from mods and members of a forum he was banned from for the sole purpose of ridiculing them? I mean, really...

How many of you were actually around when he was an active member?
I personally liked him and agreed with a lot of what he had to say here.
Unfortunately, he could be a bit abrasive (especially to new members) and he aparantly has taken to some personal vendetta against the forum.
His banning was not done lightly, nor without a LOT of warnings and come to Jesus meetings.
But stalking forum members just to talk crap about them?
Its hard to see someone I had a lot of respect for sink so low.
Im sure he Will see this as he's still lurking around here. With any luck he might even have a change of heart.

So you edited your post and deleted my response? Have a change of heart asking him over for a drink?
No

Tirediron, he pulled the same with you? Dan's info explains why the guy didn't respond here, he's banned. Then how did he see the post here? Did someone tell him? I had posted on his blog yesterday responding to his bs giving him specifics to rebut and checked back just now and all he could do was name calling. Exactly what I expected. Look at his work, looks like something done by a 10 year old. Intellectual my ass. Stupid and arrogant are a terrible combination. Some other jerkoff posted on the blog he learned in photo school there is only one sun, like that is the goal. Jeez, photography is full of idiots. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one he tweaked. Really appreciate both your posts. Both of you are posters I respect and I always read your posts.
Yeah, back in the spring he took a couple of my images and "critiqued" them fairly extensively. I suspect he keeps a pretty close eye on the forum using a ghost account.

I have had my images judged in professional competitions by judges with up to 40 or 50 years professional photo experience and who have mastered the craft. It's a far cry from "critique" from a guy that can't take an acceptable image. How does he think he is qualified to critique your work? It is excellent. Thanks for letting me know his MO and that I am not his only target.

mrca said:
SNIP> I guess I am learning about what to expect from this site and need to spend more time with another site strictly for professionals. Folks there actually have a clue and communicate professionally, not like adolescent jerks with LDS, little dick syndrome.

What did you write above--about tactless and nasty comments? Is the above how you feel about everybody here?

*rings bell*

Okay folks, time to go off into your separate corners. The match is over.

Just tidying up a bit.
I really would like this to stay well within the realm of civility.

That being said, I can understand both sides to some extent.
I often struggle with critique myself, and i have not always taken it with grace and humility.

I think there's an art to both giving and receiving critique, and it's something i have yet to truly master.
Kinda feel like I'm not alone in this.
The struggle is real folks.

Im not locking the thread, but please...lets just try and stick to civil discourse if at all possible.

Well geez...guess i just can't do anything right....so I'm taking my ball and going home. And locking the thread on my way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back