Alaska Lanscapes

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a couple shots I took over the last month.

#1 - f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 400, 50mm (80mm equivalent)

I had been doing some Halloween portraits of my 6 month old daughter and only had my 50mm 1.8 on me when I spotted this scene. It's hand held, and would have preferred a tripod, but what can you do? :) Not my best landscape, but I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.

690358891_PiPgL-L.jpg

#2 f/14, 30sec, ISO 100

I was experimenting with long exposures to get this. It was taken right about at sunrise, but because the mountain was in the way, the sun had another 45 minutes left to breach the horizon. It was practically pitch black when I shot this one. Again, there's things I would do differently next time, but I do like how this one looks.

690358315_vJPHh-L.jpg

C&C welcome. Thanks a bunch!

The hill picture is amazing. Absolutely no noise. I have been having a hard time with camera noise lately :(

The hill picture is amazing. Absolutely no noise. I have been having a hard time with camera noise lately :(

Thank you for the comments. Which picture are you referring to about the hill? They both have mountains in them, so just curious. The trick I use to minimize noise is simply shoot the lowest ISO your conditions will allow. The first one was ISO 400 (if I had a tripod, I would have gone lower) and the second was ISO 100.

hi garek the 1st picture has a lot of potential. I'm loving the sunset colors in there. I can see you also included some rocks in the foreground. This could use a little help from Nd grads. I would like to see more detail on the rocks there. :thumbup:

hi garek the 1st picture has a lot of potential. I'm loving the sunset colors in there. I can see you also included some rocks in the foreground. This could use a little help from Nd grads. I would like to see more detail on the rocks there. :thumbup:

I know what you mean. I actually wasn't intending to shoot a sunset when I shot that one. I had actually been at another location shooting portraits of my 6 month old. When we were driving home, I saw the potential for a great sunset. Unfortunately, all I had was my camera and my 50mm lens. No tripod, or any other equipment that would have helped. I just think it turned out pretty good given the circumstances.

Most reactions

Back