Alaskan glacier

CoBilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I went to Alaska a few weeks ago and this is one of the many glaciers we saw. I took this from a helicopter on our way back from another glacier where we got to ride a dog sled and play with the dogs.

Attachments

• $7168 edit.JPG
    $7168 edit.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 97
I'm so jealous!

I've only been home for a couple of weeks and I already want to go back. The entire time we were there I was trying to convince my girlfriend to move there. The only thing I would recommend is to go at the end of summer. The plants will be lush & alive and there will be more wildlife activity. We were there too early and didn't really see a lot but I still loved it

I've only been home for a couple of weeks and I already want to go back. The entire time we were there I was trying to convince my girlfriend to move there. The only thing I would recommend is to go at the end of summer. The plants will be lush & alive and there will be more wildlife activity. We were there too early and didn't really see a lot but I still loved it

Ya, I understand. Thats what I hate about vacations, you have to go home afterwards.

Anyhow, my in-laws did this a year ago and I can't talk my wife into it.

Very nice. Bit to chilly for my liking though lol

Very nice. Bit to chilly for my liking though lol

Thank you. It wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it was going to be. The temp at the lodge at the base of these glaciers was in the 60's(high teens in C). What really surprised me was the temp up on the glacier. it was still in the low 40's(6ish in C) where the dog sled camp was.

Most reactions

Back