Album/CD cover artwork

Jederino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

I am doing everything for my church's live worship CD and I have an idea for the cover and I was wondering if I could get some help with my idea. I don't have a quality camera, but I have two friends who have nice Canon EOS's.

The idea is basically a wall with a framed painting hanging in the middle. Its not going to cover the entire CD cover, just a portion big enough as if you are standing about 7-8 feet away from the wall. My wife painted the painting I want to use, so:

• Should I take a quality picture of the painting and then digitally place it on a fake wall? Is there a way to create a digital wall with a bit of texture?
  • I don't have a frame, is there a way to digitally do this?
  • Should I place the painting on a wall, take the picture and then add a digital frame to it?
I am totally oblivious to the options made by programs like Photoshop, so I am looking for some ideas. My friends I mentioned above have photoshop, I'm sure, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Thanks!

Jed

dont understand what you're trying to do because im tired and not functioning right...but im guessing you could take a photo of the frame on the wall and then another of the painting (better quality) and then just copy paste the painting over the frame in the other picture..dunno....

Hi!

I am doing everything for my church's live worship CD and I have an idea for the cover and I was wondering if I could get some help with my idea. I don't have a quality camera, but I have two friends who have nice Canon EOS's.

The idea is basically a wall with a framed painting hanging in the middle. Its not going to cover the entire CD cover, just a portion big enough as if you are standing about 7-8 feet away from the wall. My wife painted the painting I want to use, so:
  • Should I take a quality picture of the painting and then digitally place it on a fake wall? Is there a way to create a digital wall with a bit of texture?
  • I don't have a frame, is there a way to digitally do this?
  • Should I place the painting on a wall, take the picture and then add a digital frame to it?
I am totally oblivious to the options made by programs like Photoshop, so I am looking for some ideas. My friends I mentioned above have photoshop, I'm sure, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Thanks!

Jed
Do you have photo shop? there are picture frames on the web you can download 4 free and crop it over the painting. And there are all kinds of backgrounds in PS like a brick wall always looks cool. try a bunch of different designs and see what you like the best. Thats the fun part!

Thanks Happy Hour, thats what I needed to know. My friend, whom I will see tonight, has photoshop so I will talk to her about it. Here's an idea pic I took yesterday. I may use it and just put a digital frame around the painting in photoshop, or I might redo it alltogether. But this is the idea I had.

I will eventually put the heading like "The Rock Band Live" and "Vol. 1" on it. And I need to crop it a little to fit the size of a CD cover and probably rotate it counterclockwise a tad to make sure its flush.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back