album pricing and companies

fpereira

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me out with this. I've gotten into the photog biz, and I plan on doing some weddings along with portraiture. I love the coffee table album stuff (I made my own with mypublisher with photos taken at my wedding) and definitely plan on offering those. But I figure I should also provide a traditional album in the mix. I know of the various companies but wanted to find out more about what they charge to photographers before I went and solicited them individually. Would anyone be able to private message me whatever price lists they have from the companies they use for albums? That way we can keep those pricing specifics off a public board. Also, I plan on doing photography part time, so if anyone can advise me on what companies to stay away from (in the case that some use high pressure to keep selling albums) that would be great. I'd probably only do one wedding every month or two, so traffic would be light (and I'd be selling the coffee table book the most anyway). While I'm asking, has anyone used sharedink's photographer program? I was thinking of providing a lower end album and this seems like it would fit the bill better than the regular sharedink book. If someone has pricing information on them, I'd welcome that. Sorry for the long post, there is a lot I'd like to know :)

Everything I have is printed brochures....just contact the companies and they are usually happy to send a price list. Most will want to verify that you are indeed a photographer and not a consumer looking to get albums at a discounted price. I believe I provided my website address and corporate tax ID. I haven't had any high pressure sales and I've used Art Leather and General Products.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back