Alcatraz, through my eyes

CrazyAva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.avapadgett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, my husband and I spent the weekend in San Francisco for our anniversary and he insisted we go see Alcatraz. I was mostly excited because I was sure I would find tons to take pictures of. I was right, there were a lot of photo ops, through my eyes that is. We all see everything differently, that's what I love so much about photography. You have the opportunity to see things the way others saw them and realize what a different perspective everyone takes on things. (sorry rambling)

I have so many, I could not decide which ones to post, I did not want to post too many....

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

*is stupid* what's alcatraz? and why arn't you allowed on there?

I have been to alcatraz (not as an inmate) I also got some great shots. I very muched enjoyed the experiance and woul reccomend it to anybody. Your shots are great and I think you realy captured a great shot of the sign with 'welcome' above it.

p.s. rallyxe, alcatraz is a closed down prison which is an island.

Wow CrazyAva, your pics put mine to shame!
The colours are much more vivid. I noticed a few shots of yours for which I have very similar shots... like the shot through the rectangular spy hole taken from the newer section of the prison.
But your shot of the island in silhouette with the sun beaming behind it... wow :hail:

crazy ava....great shots... the second one is just wonderful...

you and reaper have the same ideas....and now you have made me wanna go...
(anywhere sean connery has been, i can for sure go..!! )

good job, chick!

I just love the last one.. Very good.

Steve :thumbup:

Very awesome shots. I really have got to get there one day. Excellent pics

Wow, thank you all for your responses!
~©AnderGraph, I tried my best to capture pictures that showed what a prisoner might have seen while inside the prison looking out.

~Rallyxe, that sign is from when it was an active prison. People are allowed ashore now, they have tours that you can go on. It's 1 mile off shore in the San Francisco bay.

~Danieldcr, isn't it interesting? I love it, the red just makes that 'welcome' really stand out. The red writing was put there when the Indian's owned the island. You'd think the government would have painted over it or something but they clearly just put up a sign...

~Reaper, my pictures certainly do not put yours to shame. The sun was starting to come down in the sky and I loved the way it was just above the island so I wanted to capture the glare and silhouette of the island.......thought it was the best ending shot for the album I am putting together of our vacation.

~AprilRaven, Thank you!! :D

~Steve, Thank you (I said steve since you signed your name)

~Chiller, my husband found it to be overrated, I on the other hand could have spent at least another hour taking pictures of stuff on the island. :lol:

~Eric, Thanks. :D

I was worried I posted too many but apparently I did just fine since nobody complained. Thank you all again for your compliments.

I would love to visit that place! Too bad they dont give tours anymore. At least last I heard they dont.

I really like the one with the seagull. Nice composition!

Great shots!

Pamela

LeadSister said:
I would love to visit that place! Too bad they dont give tours anymore. At least last I heard they dont.

I really like the one with the seagull. Nice composition!

Great shots!

Pamela
Umm, I just took these shots in May of this year. They still do tours. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back