ALERT: Scammer on the forum

THANK YOU

For keeping me amused with this thread :)

Ok seriously though, maybe its time to contact each other privately instead of putting your business out here for all to see.

The point has been made, both of you are not to be trusted, both are not regular posters to the site (unless you count this thread)

Please contact the police and take this matter seriously and report each other, and stop cluttering up the forum with this junk.

Of course feel free when and if you get this matter resolved.

Im really sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I have a question that is related to whats being said.

I am currently selling a 16mm camera on craigslist and a guy from Canada has offered to buy it. The catch is that he doesn't use paypal because
"i dont have paypal to pay for the item due to fraud payment been alter this days,but i will like to pay you through cheque.And i will advise you not to ship out the item until you have fully cleared your money from the bank."
This seems fine but Im worried about shipping this out of the country. Im just trying to get some feedback as to what I should do here. As long as the check clears I should be good to go right? I mean when the money is in hand there really isn't any way that he could take the money back...right?:confused:
feedback is appreciate and thanks in advance for any help.

sounds alright to me

Im really sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I have a question that is related to whats being said.

I am currently selling a 16mm camera on craigslist and a guy from Canada has offered to buy it. The catch is that he doesn't use paypal because
"i dont have paypal to pay for the item due to fraud payment been alter this days,but i will like to pay you through cheque.And i will advise you not to ship out the item until you have fully cleared your money from the bank."
This seems fine but Im worried about shipping this out of the country. Im just trying to get some feedback as to what I should do here. As long as the check clears I should be good to go right? I mean when the money is in hand there really isn't any way that he could take the money back...right?:confused:

Speak with your bank, make sure that the cheque is for the correct amount, dont let him over pay you and then let you keep the extra money, When I worked for HSBC we always advised customers to accept bank drafts rather than cheques, because a draft can only be drawn/written if the person has the money in there account, if you were to accept a cheque they cans be rejected up to and over a month after you paying the cheque in to your account, accepting cheques is a little bit risky.

I didnt quite understand why you said he cant use paypal,i she saying he doesnt have paypal because his acount was cancelled due to fraud? paypal is going to be the safer way to do this

What i find amusing is when someone creates an account and the first post they make is to sell something.

Just like on ebay, you see something nice and at a great price but with a rating of (0) thats when you realise its a scam.

Ive been scamed with ebay many times and lost over $500 on seperate items. The scammers know the paypal rules and play them to a tee.

perhaps there needs to be a 'name and shame' scammer ID list on here to prevent further fraud.

Sounds fishy to me - fake checks/cashiers checks will clear immediately and then come back to bite you in the ass. Unless he wants to send cash, I'd be hard pressed to accept if it's an expensive item.

See also: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

What i find amusing is when someone creates an account and the first post they make is to sell something.

Just like on ebay, you see something nice and at a great price but with a rating of (0) thats when you realise its a scam.

Ive been scamed with ebay many times and lost over $500 on seperate items. The scammers know the paypal rules and play them to a tee.

perhaps there needs to be a 'name and shame' scammer ID list on here to prevent further fraud.

Aw - I just created an account on here to advertise my ebay auction, and no scams here, just not usually on the photography forums!! Perhaps I should go post some pics, or introduce myself somewhere so that people aren't spooked!

Regardless that post about a stuffed animal with cash stuffed in it is just priceless!! I seriously almost pee'd myself when I read that..

Ah! So I am a future scammer? I have a shelf full of items that I would like to attempt to sell on ebay, but I have never sold and have only purchased one item from a ebay store. Thus, I have a rating of (0) since I have never sold anything before.

I guess I'll just have to throw all my stuff away in the garbage then since I would be a scammer putting it up on ebay.

Ah! So I am a future scammer? I have a shelf full of items that I would like to attempt to sell on ebay, but I have never sold and have only purchased one item from a ebay store. Thus, I have a rating of (0) since I have never sold anything before.

I guess I'll just have to throw all my stuff away in the garbage then since I would be a scammer putting it up on ebay.

LOL, my point wasnt directed at you mrodgers so dont take it to heart that much. :thumbup:

well..there's 15 minutes i can never get back

you both suck at the internet..go read a book

Most reactions

Back