ALERT: Scammer on the forum

So let me get this right....you are trying to file fraud charges with your local PD for someone in Canada...?

They're probably going to laugh at you and tell you that you are SOL. I don't think the US will EXTRADITE him to the US for a couple hundred dollars worth of fraud allegations...

There are people that make a living scamming people online, and most of the time they are out of the country. Why? Because the US can't do a dang thing about it. bottom line is, unless you KNOW the person you are buying from, or they have an excellent reputation on the forum that is verifiable by other members, then don't buy from them.

Hmm. I've seen threads like this before.
Strange co-incidence that Pixysir and huberta have both made all their posts in buying and selling threads on this forum.
Sometimes scammers 'out' other scammers to try and make themselves look trustworthy.
This is the Internet. Treat everything you find here with skepticism and never buy anything except from established companies. ;)

This is what i thought. also, they all registered around the same time.

I would just advise anyone, not to buy from anyone on this forum who has not a history of sensible posts which are not buying or selling related.

I thought the very same thing when I went to the detectives. How ever they said they'll do what they can to be able to obtain my merchandise back.

He has to come back to Florida some time or another cause he lives here as well.

I really don't care much of the matter, how ever he'll be busted some day or another. & It isn't for a little bit of cash, it is for a 40D, + lenses + 500M.O + sony shot camera. Not what I would call a little amount of cash.

I think this is his MO...from that last site

Scams:

1) misrepresented the items he sent (i.e. broken)
2) tries to sell stuff he doesn't have (tool chests, rolexs, etc.)
3) pays you with paypal and then files for unauthorized use of said account.
4) using stolen credit card numbers (pretending to be those other people).
5) signed up under different SN's to give himself a positive trader rating, and to vouch for him.
6) pretends to be a lawyer, or threatens frivolous lawsuits.

Number 6 is dinging in my head ....i dunno...

Don't forget, if you pay with credit cards, at least you can dispute the fees if it doesn't go well. I have heard some disappointing ebay fraud stories concerning Paypal - I'm not sure I'd trust them to do the right thing, unfortunately.

I think Alex B has some good advice.

because of my WTB, I was contacted by FL_Cat re the purchase of his wifes 40d. Asked only $750. spider senses tingling I pursued it to get more info. Got really suspicious when he asked me to send cash stuffed in a stuffed animal. Never once in our dealings did he ask for my mailing address. Nonetheless I got his mailing address and googled the name he gave me. It came up with a lot people ticked at this guy for fraud. I searched the threads left by FL_Cat and contacted others who may have had dealings with him. That is how Pixyslr became aware of a possible scam. BECAREFUL if you check FL_Cat initial post, there are other posts under different users that are eerily similar. As for Alex_b , My apologies, I too registered around the same time.sorry.

Look at it like this, Patrick Dumas (pixslr) hasn't yet posted back, none the less it is sunday still no package. I know he received my package, why? He signed for it plus paid the fee's to have it received from canada.

Now thus being said I only have a few more days to be able to fully file a fruad case so I will let the legal aspect take its course.

So let me get this right....you are trying to file fraud charges with your local PD for someone in Canada...?

They're probably going to laugh at you and tell you that you are SOL. I don't think the US will EXTRADITE him to the US for a couple hundred dollars worth of fraud allegations...

Hence why I don't do anything out of country. I sold stuff here a few times and got a few PMs concerning why I don't ship outside the US. THIS is exactly why.

kinda sucks... wish people could do something to the guy (and scammers of the like). It is VERY easy to scam.

I think Total Major is also, he mssged me on all that stuff I had up for trade and said he'd buy it all = 585$ if I gave him a good deal, then he never came back. Also all his posts are in TRADE AND SELL. I did a google on his name and he shows up in countless buy and sell forums around the net.

I think Total Major is also, he mssged me on all that stuff I had up for trade and said he'd buy it all = 585$ if I gave him a good deal, then he never came back. Also all his posts are in TRADE AND SELL. I did a google on his name and he shows up in countless buy and sell forums around the net.

You know it he is. When I was going to sell him my 40D before Mr. Dumas, He told me he shipped his merchandise out on Friday, then Saturday, then Monday... Never did he tried to trick me into shipping countless of times. He's a minor so watch out.

well look at the date its the 26th and still no camera. Pix aka Mr. Patrick Dumas has been MIA for a few days. He'll come back and say he shipped and gave me a tracking number (CX 160 146 915 CA) that if you view in www.usps.com or canadapost.com i think it is you'll see there is no tracking info... Kinda weird.

I just was PM'ed the reason why it hasn't showed up online is 1. He bought the lable offline from the Canada Post, he either didn't drop off the package or he did but it won't show it as delivered until its dropped off at my door. But since I was suppose to get it the 12th and its going on the 27th I doubt he even shipped it.

I just was PM'ed the reason why it hasn't showed up online is 1. He bought the lable offline from the Canada Post, he either didn't drop off the package or he did but it won't show it as delivered until its dropped off at my door. But since I was suppose to get it the 12th and its going on the 27th I doubt he even shipped it.

You doubt about it, want me to scan the ''borderaus'' of the label that was on the package. You want me to post picture you sent me of you tracking, post some PM message you sent me telling me you were 46yo, had a wife and all , not 20yo celica boy .

Here you go guys and girl go on the UPS site and see for yourself if I did pay for and 12inchx12inchx12inch empty box that showed up to my door with a 250$ value and labeled with ''watch'' inside the package. Also with 1.10 pound you must have shipped the lightest 40D , lens ever made.

Go look for yourself. www.ups.com Number of the invoice they left at my door , tracking #9265 2028 2170 , want a scan of the invoice also Joseph?

Go look for yourself if I paid the 92.16$ custum fees to get a empty box weighin at 1.10 pound

Most reactions

New Topics

Back