Alexander Movie (Flaws) - PERSIAN ANGLE!

Saeid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have not seen the movie yet, but from what i have seen in the previews i have to say that it is very upsetting to see how one can change HISTORY as they please!

There are several things in the movie that are historically wrong and incorrect, and if they dont admit to the faults they will be successful in changing history!

1. We all know Alexander the great was a very rough and bully like man, living all his life in violence! And we all also know that the first declaration of HUMAN RIGHTS was by Cyrus the Great during the Achaemenid Period! Now heres the shocking part.... WE Iranians have never had slaves! Never this was proven on the Cyrus Cylinder and there have been archiological findings that prove that the workers were paid in food and goods (a kind of reciept if u will)! So why is it that in the movie alexander claims he wants to conquer Persia to free the slaves? Thats just wrong! Seeing we never had any!

2. Why was Alexanders Persian wife, black? Roxana was a dancer, and more importantly Persian... thus shes white! Iranians are Aryans, now we might have afew people with a slight dark skin! But in the movie they have her being played by a Black woman (no offence to black woman), but its just wrong. Its like having a black woman play Queen Elizabeth in a movie!

3. When Alexander enter Perspolis, the Iranian people are bowing down to him. There is no evidance of that. Why would the Iranian people welcome an Invader who has captured there empire!

4. Alexander BURNS PERSPOLIS. But in the movie i hear that there is no indication that he does that! Alexander was in a drunken state when he orders his army to burn Perspolis to the ground. And this was after the war, which would make him insane and a hypocrate... since there was no need to burn it down, the war was over, he had capture the Persian Empire. But he still did not want to see the magnifisant city Perspolis alive. But here's another shocking bit... why didnt they show this in the movie? Is it because if they did people would realize what a barbaric person Alexander really was!

These facts are all written down in history, be it in Persian History books, Greek, English, Jewish, etc! Now when u are making a historical movie, u have to be non-biest, thus u have to read all sides of the story and then making ur judgement... and being truthful!

Now for the past 25years the Islamic Republic has been in power in Iran, and everyone has been taking advantage from every aspect of Iran. Thus thats why you dont hear IRANIAN LAWERS filing charges against the movie like the Greeks did. But i hope that u will learn and understand, and be true to urself and others.

P.s. The only thing Oliver Stone can do is admit that this is not a historically accurate movie and its more fiction than reality! And that he lists all the historical flaws, be it in the media, DVD, etc!

I've never seen an historical movie yet that was historically accurate - but then ancient historians from the Summerians on up have never worried about accuracy, either ;-)

There are always at least 2 versions of history written. One mans villian is anothers hero. It is well documented that ALexander was many things, (a megalomanic, a bully, etc.) Oliver Stone is catching alot of flack over here because of Alexander's bisexuality. A pretty minor part of his life. Yes Alexander was not a good man,

You'll never see an accurate dipiction of a historical event from Hollywood. Although so many people base their perspective of historical events on movies they've seen.

Take the Vietnam era movies as a small example. Some a quite good like Apocalips Now (Sorry, I can't spell), Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, etc. but nowhere near accurate and always biased to whatever point the director/producers wanted.

Full Metal Jacket was filmed at a disused gasworks in East London. (I lived a mile or so up the road at the time - and I knew one or two people who worked on it.) How can you be historically accurate when you can't even be geographically accurate?
But movies are about entertainment and are not meant to be historical documents. People should see them as a bit of fun and not take them personally :)

I hate history :) so whatever anyone will tell me I'm likely to believe :p

Hertz van Rental said:
But movies are about entertainment and are not meant to be historical documents. People should see them as a bit of fun and not take them personally :)

I totally agree but unfortunately lots of people base their historical perspectives on what they see in them.

airgunr said:
Hertz van Rental said:

I totally agree but unfortunately lots of people base their historical perspectives on what they see in them.

Like television - it's just another form of propaganda. But that's the human race for you.

Q: ...but which version is the truth?
A: Which version would you like to be the truth? :wink:

Hertz van Rental said:
airgunr said:
Hertz van Rental said:

Like television - it's just another form of propaganda. But that's the human race for you.

Q: ...but which version is the truth?
A: Which version would you like to be the truth? :wink:

Absolutely Hertz...Propaganda is the key. Recorded history comes from the observation of man...who is to say what the hairless monkey with delusions of granduar saw was actually what did happened. I don't know anyone who sees things they way I do and I believe that's true for everyone. Hell I don't know what to believe when it come to historical "heros". Like it was mentioned earlier one person's hero is another's villian. Everything that I read or see is slanted in one way or the other, or maybe that's just how I see it. :lol: (the last part was a joke in case ya missed it :wink: )

Most reactions

Back