Alien bees question

texassand

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, after all your wonderful input, I've decided to go with the beginner's alienbees light set. now what else will I need? I'm looking at a Polaris flash meter. They are pretty expensive though. Any other brands that you could recommend that are cheaper? Also, the "radio slave trigger" set up confuses me. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around the idea. Will I need one of these? Oh and these alienbees have to plugged into an outlet correct? So it will be hard to do "location" work?

Happy Holidays!!

Sarah

The Alien Bees have an optical trigger built in. Meaning that the sync cord(one comes with each light) is plugged into a light and when you shoot, the others will fire too. They do sell a radio trigger. The sender mounts on your camera and the receiver plugs into a light. You can get more than one receiver. When these are plugged in, they turn off the optical sensor. AB also sells a portable power pack for mobile shooting. They are pretty cool and I plan on getting one. Generally, all good meters are kinda expensive. I use a usedSekonic, but I looked at Minolta also. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back