Alien Pods ...and a Pine Flower

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love mosses and all their variety. I found these growing on a retaining wall in a medical office parking lot. They look like something from a Star Trek episode. And yes, they really are that red! Plus a close up pink flower. C&C?

$Red Moss 1.jpg

$Pink Pine Flower 1.jpg

I like #2, I've taken several shots like that one in the past. I cant find a center of interest in #1, my eye just wonders and doesn't settle so #1 doesn't work for me.

I like #2, I've taken several shots like that one in the past. I cant find a center of interest in #1, my eye just wonders and doesn't settle so #1 doesn't work for me.

I see what you mean about #1. My eye wanders, also.

Here's a crop in which the red spore almost looks kind of human. I'm at the crop/resolution limit and wish I had a macro lens for this work.

$Red Moss 2.jpg

Hey Jaemie, I really like 2, the colour and detail is wonderful. I too find something a bit off on 1, my eye does wander but at the same time as it did I had the thought that it looks like a line of people trudging to... work? There is something very intriguing about it still!

Thank you both for your c&c. :)

PixelRabbit: People trudging off to work - what a good observation! Earlier, I cropped this image for use as my blog's header and now when I look at it I see exactly what you're saying. That's great. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back