Aliens among us

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't had much time to go shooting for fun recently, but I found a hornets nest the other day, thought I'd grab a few shots before I unleash some wasp-murder on 'em...

wasps always look like little aliens to me...
Hornet1_zpse8130881.jpg

some of the nest is blown out, but this was one of the better shots.

These are fantastic even though they made my skin crawl!!

I hope you were using a 1000mm lens :O I can't get within 10 feet of anything that stings!

heh, just 150mm, the bees were out being busy, they couldn't care less that I was there, but the wasps were resting or something because they weren't very active.

only one of my bee shots came out "ok"...focus isn't perfect on it, they were all CRUIZING around super fast from flower to flower, it was tough to catch 'em, there was one that had TONS of pollen on the rear legs, but I didn't get any good shots of him...
Bee1_zps318b6da2.jpg

Cool stuff, I have tried to get wasp shots but they cooperate even less then the honey bees do for some reason :lol:

Thanks! Where in Idaho are you Sasha? I've got a lot of family up around the state

Nice shots.Man you got some vivid color in these shots.

Love both the photos, but the second is my favourite. Just love the head on shot... even though I hate wasps! But good job capturing them in photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back