Alison's Hair and a trip to Italy

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A little back story on these images. The models name is Alison. Her sister(Natalie) is a stylist at a rather large expensive salon here locally. Natalie is a friend of mine, and she called me a couple of months ago to tell me that she was entering some hair styles into a contest with a Hair magazine and she needed photos of the styles to enter. The contest was a national contest and if she won she would get to go to Italy to "style" a models hair to be put in one of the hair books that they have at different salons. These are the images that we took: Oh, she won the contest, gets to go to Italy.

4119642671_5cbb0ae610_o.jpg

4120416422_4bf11cc7a2_o.jpg

4120417702_f8558aee51_o.jpg

4119643917_6fd25a8698_o.jpg

That's odd the model looks really familiar.

not bad, i guess the angle was kept relatively the same since these photos weren't put in the same collection? or because of the emphasis on the hair? Im just asking so i know more about this kind of stuff ;), not trying to bash on your photos.

not bad, i guess the angle was kept relatively the same since these photos weren't put in the same collection? or because of the emphasis on the hair? Im just asking so i know more about this kind of stuff ;), not trying to bash on your photos.

The focus was meant to be on the hair so I shot from above to get a better view of the hair.

Pretty good photos, what kind of lighting were you using? Were you using continous?

The left eye on #2 is a little too dark

There is something about the background of these that are off...around the edges is true black, and there is almost like a slight differential halo around the model that doesn't look natural and makes the fall off look processed.

I was using a white lightning x800 through a 3'X5' soft box camera right. White lightning x800 through a 12X36" strip box above and behind for hair light. Fill was a large reflector camera left. No processing on the background. I brightened her eyes a little, smoothed a little skin... Nothing on the background though.

Really nice pictures! My only comment is that in most of them (number two, for example), the skin looks rather red. Almost as if she's had a bit of a allergic reaction. It's quite subtle but it was the first thing I noticed. It wouldn't be too hard of a fix in pp, maybe adjust the color levels a bit, bring down the red or something.

Really nice pictures! My only comment is that in most of them (number two, for example), the skin looks rather red. Almost as if she's had a bit of a allergic reaction. It's quite subtle but it was the first thing I noticed. It wouldn't be too hard of a fix in pp, maybe adjust the color levels a bit, bring down the red or something.
wtf is with gravedigging lately, if its not on the front page, dont post in it

Actually, I just posted these pictures up a couple of days ago... Not an old thread...

Actually, I just posted these pictures up a couple of days ago... Not an old thread...

well 11 days ago seems like an eternity to me :p

What's with all the hostility? It probably took more time to "correct" someone than it would have been to ignore the thread and move on. ;)
That's true, but erillas thread really put me in a bad mood :/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back