All I can say is WOW.

A pity the tourists likely wouldn't be around long enough to sue those women into the stone age!

Actually I found this story to be a bright spot of my day. It's nice to know that other countries like the United Kingdom have their fair share of idgits too

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Especially in the UK if I understand their laws correctly.

From my understanding, and it may be wrong, defamation of character is easier to pursue in court over there than it is here.

Interestingly, this is quite current and appropriate:
On Libel And The Law, U.S. And U.K. Go Separate Ways

They may not sue as easily in the UK as in the US for many things, but apparently, folks will go specifically to the UK to sue for defamation.

"In 2013, the U.K. responded to this outcry by changing the laws, eliminating some of the worst potential for abuses.

Under the new rules, libel tourism is less common. It is no longer as easy for people with little U.K. presence to bring these lawsuits in British courts. The law now says someone making a libel claim must demonstrate that a defamatory statement will cause 'serious harm.'"

I would say being publicly branded a "Paedophile" on social media should fit that requirement.

It is sad that in this everyone's a victim society that has sprung up in the last couple of decades that people seem to think that their feelings are more important that someones rights.

It is sad that in this everyone's a victim society that has sprung up in the last couple of decades that people seem to think that their feelings are more important that someones rights.
Gets even more fun when the two sides try to out-victim one another

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

First, This is Essex :)
Second, I honestly can not understand what on earth taking photos of children in the street has to do with paedophilia.
Third, I actually was shooting a similar fountain in London last year and had a long conversation with the guard who tried to tell me that I was not allowed to do that. Having exhausted all my legal argument (it was a public place) I just asked him to call the police, and only then he retired. Thanks god mums paid no attention to me whatsoever. I took about 20 photos and all were cr*p.

This is another aftereffect t of photography going digital. People are getting paranoid about being spied at every step. And not without a reason, our sens of privacy is already in the gutters, cameras are everywhere. But the funny thing is, that most people already gave up their privacy by signing up with Facebook, posting own pictures and, what worst, pictures of their friends, with their names and many privet remarks. I just feel sorry for the next generation. Things only gonna get worst.

Most reactions

Back