All LIGHTROOM gurus, I need help!!!!

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so the new comp came today and I transferred all the photos to it. I also transferred the LR catalog but now the files can't associate with the catalog. Everything has a question mark. I went and tried to add the pictures back but now it's just adding them as "additional" images rather than just finding the pictures. What am I doing wrong here?? I can't figure it out. I want all the metadatas so switch over to the new comp like it was on my old comp which already had presets done to the images. :confused:

NVM! I got it! Stupid thing created its own catalog and when imported the old catalog, it was catalog(1) so it wouldn't find the pictures. I got rid of it and it found the pictures. Then I changed the destination to the folder and VOLA!

Thank GOD! Well now to figure out how I can calibrate 2 monitors on one comp!

Do the files still have the same address as before? Or did you move catalogues and photos into different places? It could be that the catalogues are still looking for the old addresses off the last computer whilst the new ones are at at different location in the new?

It works Overred, I don't know if I explained it correctly but somehow it's working! :)

Most reactions

Back