All users - request

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick request regarding the site gallery (top of the page on the right side menu). Could any users with a bit of free time have a quick glance through the gallery and see if there's any spam/blatant advertising posts etc... in there and report them for me.
I ask because I've just stripped out a whole load of it and, being a mod, I can still "see" the deleted content so spotting new stuff is a bit tricky.

I'm also seeing if there's ways we can improve out spam prevention in that section as its clear there were abuses being taken place there with regard to companies using the free image hosting for their own gains.

Don't see any. I'll check more later too.
Some really nice images in there I haven't seen before.

Found "Online Training Certification in Bangalore" right out of the gate. Reported. Will keep looking.

Update: Found two more. Another Bangalore and one from somewhere else.

I hate spam in all its forms.

I'm also seeing if there's ways we can improve out spam prevention in that section as its clear there were abuses being taken place there with regard to companies using the free image hosting for their own gains.
Minimum number of posts in the forums before you're allowed to use that section?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help all - reports have really helped us get the galleries cleaned up a lot more.

Minimum number of posts in the forums before you're allowed to use that section?

Yep we are already discussing enabling such an option so that we can better help avoid the spam, or at least more quickly spot the spammers by abnormal forum-side behaviour

Most reactions

Back