TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The title says it all... Alley garbage.

CC definitely welcomed.

I like how the image shows the caracter and roughness of how a lot of alley's look like in the city.

6786491215_a7bf5a596b_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0996-2 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Manual - RAW
f10 - 1/5
Focal length 22mm
ISO 100

cool photo, i like your style!

hmm, I don't like the selective green in the shot, it really takes the attention away from the alley which in my eye is more interesting than a dumpster ;)

hmm, I don't like the selective green in the shot, it really takes the attention away from the alley which in my eye is more interesting than a dumpster ;)

I understand what you mean for sure. I was trying to attract you eye's attention at the dumpster so you look through the image from left to right.

Thanks for the CC.

I like the composition and the various textures, but agree about the selective coloration. You could do a local adjustment on the dumpster and make it just a bit more contrasty than the other areas, which might also have the effect of drawing the eye there, or perhaps just desaturate it a little less than the rest.

For what it's worth, the side of the dumpster looks like it would have been a good image in itself, depending on what's beyond the frame of this image.

I like the composition and the various textures, but agree about the selective coloration. You could do a local adjustment on the dumpster and make it just a bit more contrasty than the other areas, which might also have the effect of drawing the eye there, or perhaps just desaturate it a little less than the rest.

For what it's worth, the side of the dumpster looks like it would have been a good image in itself, depending on what's beyond the frame of this image.

Thanks for the CC.

I gave it a try and this time the I didn't touch the dumpster at all and just barely desaturated the wall. The issue I find is that the wall becomes too soft. What do you think?

6854073049_94b5afbc33_b.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0996-Revised by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is a similar BW version just as a reference.

6854066071_2d3c7e46ae_b.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0995BW by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

The dumpster would be a good shot in itself but it was surrounded by many others. Would be worth going back to see if there's any potential though.

Most reactions

Back